August 15th, 2011

Suspect in Australia bomb hoax arrested in Kentucky

A 50-year-old man accused of strapping a fake bomb on an 18-year-old woman in Sydney, Australia, earlier this month was arrested Monday in Louisville, Kentucky, said Australian law enforcement officials.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Australia • Crime • Kentucky
  1. Nicky

Since when did Australia have jurisdiction in America. It seems to me Australia is overstepping their bounds on this one and that arrest is illegal for Australia.

August 15, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • muir

Umm I hope you are trolling. If not please do not reproduce.

August 15, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Pink Pather

@ Nicky.... I know, my thought exactly. But it could be they arrested him with the permission of the US Feds ok.

August 15, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sandi

I don't care where their jurisdiction is, if this is a very real terriorist, then 2 hell with jurisdiction! if more countries and people paid attention, maybe we wouldn't be in the danger we face now!

August 15, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Me

I'm pretty sure he was arrested by U.S. Authorities and will probably be sent to Australia to face their charges. That's how much of the world works unless, of course, you're named Osama bin Laden and like hiding in countries like Pakistan. To hell with their sovereignty; let me at 'em!

August 15, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sean

Most countries that are "friendly" to the U.S. have extradition treaties in place for just such an issue. What I want to know are the details that seem missing, like who, what, when, why, you know basic journalism.

August 15, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

I think the way extradition works is that someone here arrests the person (local jurisdiction, potentially announced by someone else who didn't make the actual arrest) followed by an extradition request from the place where the crime occurred, followed either "sure" or "no way" or "I'll get back to you", etc.

August 15, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mj

If you click on 'full story' all these questions will be answered

August 15, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

He was arrested in Louisville, KY.
    Not Australia.
    Australia is where it happened.

August 15, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jeff Frank ( R - Ohio ) "Kentucy Rain"

One time a Kentuckian come up here for a job. The Human Resouce Manager asked him why he was late for his interveiw. He said while he was on the Ohio Turnpike, when all of a sudden he seen a sign "Clean Restroom".
    If a man and wife come from Kentucky to Ohio, for a divorce. Are they still considered brother and sister?
    The Vice Squad showed up at Colonal Sanders house and put him in cuffs. He said what in tarnation are you doing? The officer said we know what the secret ingredients are.

August 15, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. s kel

I don't get it.

August 15, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

tooooooooo much moonshine and nothin' to do...

August 15, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jeff Frank ( R - Ohio ) "Kentucy Rain"

Austrailia wants him...come and get him...and all the rest of the morons. Screw jurisdiction.

August 15, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. raven

Um.. If some doorknob strapped a bomb on me,fake or not, and led me to BELIEVE it was real Id want him hunted down. And Id want his ding-ding on the barbie.

August 15, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. raven

Um.. If some doorknob strapped a bomb on me,fake or not, and led me to BELIEVE it was real Id want him punished no matter where he ran .

August 15, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. raven

Sigh.. See why i TRIED to stop my first post ? Who wants a charred ding-ding stuck to their barbie? gross.

August 15, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mmmmm

she got PUNKED...ten punking hours a record breaker.

August 15, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. raven

Punked is putting someones hand in warm water when theyre sleepin . This seems more like terrorizing.

August 15, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |