August 17th, 2011

Wednesday's live video events

We're more than a year away from the presidential election, yet the race to the White House is already at full speed.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of the presidential campaign.

Today's programming highlights...

7:45 am ET - Race to 2012: Rick Perry breakfast talk - GOP presidential candidate Gov. Rick Perry speaks at a "Politics and Eggs" breakfast in Bedford, New Hampshire.

11:30 am ET - Perry's New Hampshire business tour - Following breakfast, Perry will tour a laser machining company in Nashua and make remarks.

12:45 pm ET - Obama's Illinois town hall meeting - President Obama holds a town hall-style meeting on jobs in Atkinson, Illinois.

4:30 pm ET - Obama wraps up Midwest tour - The president concludes his three-day bus tour of the Midwest with a town hall-style meeting in Alpha, Illinois.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Politics
  1. Humber

How much money do you make a year?

August 17, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. Humber

Not I asking how much money per year.

August 17, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  3. Humber

I do so eat potato chips and sour cream with club soda on ice.

August 17, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  4. Humber

$$$I knew I'd shut you up$$$

August 17, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  5. the prophet

Washington DC is not part of the USA rather the home of the Fed Gov't and its the Fed Gov't that runs USA, and the Fed Gov't is in trouble broke!!! who takes over Washington DC will power and control the United States of America, in my prophecy I see a revolution that will do just that, and it’s not another civil war… buy my book before its news.

August 17, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  6. the prophet

Like the Vatican in Rome is its own country with the power and authority, Washington DC is the same, that’s why during the civil war the Government still survived and it was unaffected. You got that!!!

August 17, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  7. Humber

That's right prophet. I got it. You are wise as I.

August 17, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Humber

I think my troll is gone for now.

August 17, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Grandma

Okay, I am an 87-year old woman living on Social Security and MediCare and I am not in the best of health. I am trying to understand (at my age, it's not so easy). If the Republicans / Tea party wins the White House in 2012 along with the majorities in the House and Senate, are you telling me they're going to cut off my Social Security and MediCare benefits that I worked to fund my whole life? I worked over 50-years. That is not responsible on the part of the Republicans. Also, without MediCare, how exactly am I supposed to continue my chemotherapy? This is terrifying me.

August 17, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Grandma you must be talking about the Ryan Act, which would have probably let you stay on SS for 10 years at least. The people like me who have worked and paid in for over 40 years would not see a dime and since we put in it and did not put that money away we would be in the hands of the republicans who also want to take away medicaid and medicare. We will be toothless, medical disaster, homeless, and living in a box. But the wealthy will have fine imported wine and cars, and live in a mansions with well manicured lawns away from our boxes.

August 17, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Humber

NOT HUMBER:
    Posts at:
    12:22
    12:58

August 17, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Scottish Mama

Troll you can get your own name and post anything you want. Actually I would like to know if the views of racism is reallly you or for your amusement? Debate is the name of the game. Enlightenment might be yours or mine. To say anything about a people, if they have 2 eyes, nose and mouth we are all of the human race. While we argue the point of that though we could be tackling other more important issues of our USA. We all need to get over the surface BS and get to the real problems of Nation. Don't u agree?

August 17, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Scottish Mama

Humber I like your other name.

August 17, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Scottish Mama

Prophet do you really have a book out?

August 17, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Scottish Mama

I predict Mr. Perry will have egg on his face, be a big disgrace, shaken his can all over the place, he will, he will not rock you. They have put people in Texas to work, but not at jobs that make any money. They are the working poor. They are jobs that do not allow you any respect or let you get ahead, just exist, if you call that existing. He will be worse than the Shrubs, he's a scrub. Wealthy will thrive and the middle class will dwindle till they make minimum wage and no benefits. Look around you republicans not one of the candidates are of high calibur. The congress has staked its claim as the wealthy partners in the crime of stealing from the middle class. These republicans are not your grandmothers republicans.

August 17, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Joey

Thank you Scottish Mama. I appreciate that. I like you're name to.

August 17, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottihs Mama

Joey, have you changed your name to protect the innocent? Or have you decided you can foretell the future because of common sense?

August 17, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |