August 30th, 2011

Janet Jackson: Michael tribute is 'too difficult for me'

Janet Jackson joined brothers Jermaine and Randy on Tuesday in opposing the October tribute concert for Michael Jackson because it takes place during the trial of the doctor charged in their brother's death.

While Janet Jackson stopped short of criticizing the promoters or other members of her family who support the tribute, she did put to rest any rumors that she would perform in it.

"Because of the trial, the timing of this tribute to our brother would be too difficult for me," she said in a statement sent to CNN by her representative Tuesday.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Michael Jackson
  1. milla

I read that on the CNN Marqee Blogs. I hope his kids will be safe from those black animals.

August 30, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Brandt Hardin

Michael’s death and life are surrounded by so much controversy even two years later. Our celebrity-worship goes too far in creating our own ideas of icons such as MJ, as to leave a warped dynasty of myth and legend. Who was The King of Pop beneath the different faces? Check out my surreal portrait of his changing looks in commemoration on my artist’s blog at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-memoriam-king-of-pop.html

August 30, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. raven

@starsheya sestra: something for you on the twinkie blog.xoxo .

August 30, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

If the tribute concert is too difficult for her, I would think it would be even more difficult for his victims.

August 30, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

Thank you, my sista.
    :* (Hug)
    You're the best!

August 30, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

@Bimbo the Birthday Clown:
    Well said.
    But you still are a bit scary...lol!

August 30, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. gung hoe

Hey banasy and the lady with beautiful black hair the raven two beautiful people

August 30, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Michael Jackson died because of YOU

MJ died turning into the freak show that his "fans" demanded of him. You people want it weird these days. Really weird.

August 30, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. leeintulsa

@Michael Jackson died because of YOU: I was never, and remain, no fan of michael jackson. I could care less if he lived or died, and had nothing to do with his death. In fact, it would have tickeled me to pieces if he'd died before Thriller came out. I was kind of 'anti' back then.

August 30, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jazzzzzzzz

@ Lee... Comon man, that *was* another human being! Have some respect for one of God's children, please...

August 30, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@jazzz: Thousands of 'god's children' die every day. I didn't hate him, I was no fan.. I was but a child before Thriller.

I think back then, the most repulsive thing about him was the way many of you (?) idolized and worshipped him. I didn't see him everyday, I saw you people. Silly, silly people.

I don't think I disrespected anybody – another poster was blaming his fans for killing him, I was just making sure he knew I wasn't one of them..lol..

August 30, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

I gotta, Lee... for me I respect the talent and loved his music/dance genius. He was a perfectionist at his craft and admire that as well.
      I have a friend I feel every bit as much respect for, and he's just an amazing person, I'm truly blessed to know him.
      Habba Na Night all 🙂

August 30, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. fernace

All of the Jacksons are people with feelings! IMHO the doc is a scapegoat! All the people who worked for MJ knew what he was taking, how & why! I have been a live-in worker & it's amazing the sh!t you find out about people when the facade is lifted! Anyway, the family can't really stop the tribute, all they can do is not endorse/participate!! This is only for those who DO give a damn! Don't wanna hear from the haters!!

August 30, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Katia

The guy committed suicide or it was an accidental overdose. It happened two whole years ago. The trial is some doctor being an idiot. Can't you crazy people get it straight, just for once in your ridiculous lives?

August 30, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Al

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE&w=640&h=390]

August 30, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chung lo

Michael was a Kung Fu master. He could beat up 31 opponents with 1 hand. HAAA YA !

August 30, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bigwilliestyles

Some of you people's "shock effect comments" are so common and expected as to be boring. A bunch of shock jock wannabees. Now call me whatever you like, then go to hell. BORING.

August 30, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |