Gotta Watch: Unbelievable X-rays
An x-ray shows 31 nails inside a dog's stomach.
August 31st, 2011

Gotta Watch: Unbelievable X-rays

If you're an x-ray technician, you're bound to see some unusual things. But even the most seasoned professional couldn't predict seeing a man with hedge clippers stuck in his eye or a girl with a safety pin hidden inside her body. You've gotta watch these intriguing x-rays of misplaced objects.

Shear trouble – The x-ray image is riveting. A pair of shears sits lodged inside a man's eye. How did it get there, and were doctors able to save his sight? You'll have to watch to find out.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/08/31/dnt.xray.clippers.in.eyes.kold"%5D

Sinus safety – After years of sinus infections and headaches, an x-ray shows a safety pin hidden in the nasal cavity is the cause of a six-year-old girl's troubles.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/11/23/exp.mxp.nose.safetypin.wyff.hln"%5D

Wait, what 's in his tummy? – An owner takes her dog to the veterinarian to check out its stomach woes and jokingly requests an x-ray. Imagine her surprise when the x-ray reveals 31 nails, a rabies tag and the siding of her home.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/10/26/dnt.dog.eats.nails.kktv"%5D

Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

There are 2 kinds of people in the world. People who see a story like this, say "oh cool", and read it. The other kind say "Good God, why are they showing this!". I'm part of the first group.

I'm amazed what dogs decide to eat.

August 31, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Ralph

I could barely read about it – no way I am watching the videos. Blech.

August 31, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. S.S.

perfect example of things we don't care about

August 31, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Exactly Why...

you took the time to read it!

August 31, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jj

Tinsel and cats make a bad combo too!

August 31, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • db

Ya, but cats have a good way to get rid of the stuff that does not agree with them, they barff. God do they barff, hairballs, or what ever. Then they look at it like were did that come from and it wasn't me!

August 31, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bimbo the Birthday Clown

This brings up an important point: NEVER buy pet toys with a bell or some other metal object attached. I just assumed that if something is on the market, it must be tested and safe. However, my cat ate the bell off of one cat toy I bought. She threw it up a bit later. Bad scene. Blood and everything.

August 31, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • luckyponytoo

Along the same lines...that plastic "grass" they fill Easter baskets with can be problematic for cats. It's true that cats normally regurgitate bad stuff, but if it gets into their intestines it can wreak havoc. I wish I could convince my mother-in-law not to bring us that awful stuff every year! (Geesh, my husband and I are in our mid 30's and don't even have kids!)

August 31, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • JC-VA

What about the time my cat ate the dental floss I put on the trash...? Wasn't pretty... since then it goes in the toilet.... I love my cat...

August 31, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. blahh

huh...

August 31, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  5. Santa Claus

I'm dissapointed.

I thought this story was going to have the actually funny xrays. You know, like the ones with matchbox cars inside a colon.

August 31, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • db

Sorry, they would not release your xrays!

August 31, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • little Davey

Where's my sled, you lying bugger?

August 31, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bimbo the Birthday Clown

@ Davey, maybe you were naughty. Start showing some respect, you little pr1ck.

August 31, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ywgwie malmsteen

I like palin but that was pretty funny LMAO!

August 31, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  7. tim

Mmmmm, how did they miss the hedge clippers in the man's eye during before doing the xray? Sheers aren't exactly small.

August 31, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Santa Claus

So you can see if/where the damage is in the skull before pulling them out.

That can drastically change how you remove the object.

August 31, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • goonie goo goo

This won't hurt a bit Mr. Johnson. Ok nurse, you hold his head while I pull really fast and hard...

August 31, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ywgwie malmsteen

I like palin but that was pretty funny LMAO! but what a nice ass!

August 31, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. DoctorV

This is pretty common, and these are somewhat tame examples for that matter. Most academic radiology departments have a hall of shame file for teaching medical students and residents, showing unimaginable foreign bodies people have swallowed or lost in other orifices. Oh, or that surgeons have left behind inside people.

August 31, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • db

I'm kind of surprised that surgons and Hospitals don't require a last X-ray after an operation to avoid just that, their tools of the trade that are missing inside you. While you are there and still out would be a good time to say woops, and go back in and get it before it becomes a "known" problem for the malpractice lawyers to suck on.

August 31, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dr. Resident

In all operations all of the materials are counted and accounted for before the surgery is over to make sure that nothing is left behind inside the patient. Furthermore, some hospitals require an X-ray to be taken for all OR cases when the patient is extremely obese (I think >BMI of 40).

August 31, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  10. db

The paylin group is still looking for you so you can sign a release for your picture, as you indicated, which was trapped between her butt and head.

August 31, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tony

LOL! How true.

August 31, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bristoltwit

***poot*** ( that was a wet one ! )

August 31, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Badonkadonk!

I don't care what anyone says, Sarah Palin is still smoking hot and I would shag her rotten!!

August 31, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Imagine how good it would make her feel to read that.

August 31, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. justathought

====== My oppinion,I think Palinwit and Ywgwie are cokeheads, not that I necessarly like Palin, it just takes cokeheads to make up such stupid jokes and you know where their mind is.

August 31, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • trigtwit... America's favorite tard baby

...ppffftttttttt... drool