Gotta Watch: Unbelievable X-rays
An x-ray shows 31 nails inside a dog's stomach.
August 31st, 2011

Gotta Watch: Unbelievable X-rays

If you're an x-ray technician, you're bound to see some unusual things. But even the most seasoned professional couldn't predict seeing a man with hedge clippers stuck in his eye or a girl with a safety pin hidden inside her body. You've gotta watch these intriguing x-rays of misplaced objects.

Shear trouble – The x-ray image is riveting. A pair of shears sits lodged inside a man's eye. How did it get there, and were doctors able to save his sight? You'll have to watch to find out.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/08/31/dnt.xray.clippers.in.eyes.kold"%5D

Sinus safety – After years of sinus infections and headaches, an x-ray shows a safety pin hidden in the nasal cavity is the cause of a six-year-old girl's troubles.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/11/23/exp.mxp.nose.safetypin.wyff.hln"%5D

Wait, what 's in his tummy? – An owner takes her dog to the veterinarian to check out its stomach woes and jokingly requests an x-ray. Imagine her surprise when the x-ray reveals 31 nails, a rabies tag and the siding of her home.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/10/26/dnt.dog.eats.nails.kktv"%5D

Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. banasy©

Oops, justathought, I just made a joke about her, and *I'm* not a cokehead.

August 31, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Aubrie

LOL... I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!!! thanks... Still chuckling....

August 31, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Fish

They guy with the clipper accident is unbelievable! We had a black lab that ate 2 nails, a pin cushion with 9 pins, the end off of a disposable razor, a piece of steal wool, a bunch of the kids toys, the collar off my shirt, and a variety of other stuff. She lived, but I wouldn't have wanted to be her pooping that stuff out...

August 31, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Brian

We're Technologists, not technicians. You can go ahead and edit that.

August 31, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • alexis

thank you brian!!! the word technician is like nails on a chalkboard!!

August 31, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • f

I have been x-rayed, MRI'd, CT-scanned, so many times and I never heard that word before.

August 31, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mainah

That's right Brian. Technicians don't have a college degree unlike Technologists who do and know WAY more about Radiology.

August 31, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kyle

Technicians fix the machine and Technologists take the images. You should just call yourself a Radiographer, I think everyone could figure out what that means....

August 31, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • JoeSeattle

Sorry, if you're developing new technology, you're a technologist. If you're using technology, you're a technician.

Frankly, taking umbrage at not receiving an overblown description of what you do is pathetic. In a world where so many aren't, can't you just be proud to be earning your bread providing a worthwhile service to society?

August 31, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bimbo the Birthday Clown

I always thought it was a union thing. If you make above a certain salary, you are a technologist. Below that level, you are a technician.

August 31, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary

Technicians are second class citizens, technologist know way more than sleezy technicians.

August 31, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • raddirector

For those who don't understand why we care what we are called, there are "technicians" who take x-rays but are not licensed, registered or in many cases, even trained. Technologists have formal college training, a degree and are registered and/or licensed, depending on the state. Know who is taking your x-ray people.

January 8, 2014 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Bristol Palin

My buttplugs get stuck all the time.

August 31, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Johnnyboy

Ur a friggin idiot....a hilarious one, i might ad...lol

August 31, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joseph Tessaro

Then you should change your name ot Bristol IMPALIN 🙂

August 31, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ranks

Breaking your virginity with a Head and Shoulders bottle...priceless

August 31, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • shrinkage

A Head and Soulders bottle is (1) clean, (2) guaranteed to last, (3) not going to brag to all the other shampoo bottles later, (4) going to end up visiting all the important spots and (5) available whenever it is needed. Head and Shoulders is head and shoulders above most guys I know. If she's losing it to a shampoo bottle, you know all the available guys are really lame.

August 31, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. raven

I used to work in an e.r. had a guy with a light bulb you know where. and he said he SAT on it! uh huh.

August 31, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • LADYDI

A LIGHT BULB????? LOL............WAS IT SCREWED IN?????

August 31, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

gives new meaning to getting "screwed up the poop chute"

August 31, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

So... How many ER personnel DID it take to unscrew a lightbulb...?

August 31, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason D

Was it a flurescent or old type..cos those new ones would have taken some twisting to get up there but they stay up 6 times longer..lol

August 31, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • f

Ok, wait.... Was it going in screw part first or glass part first ??? Just trying to figure out this one, not that I don't beleive you !

August 31, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • My Ass

Did it look like this

( );( )

August 31, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • OC

Maybe he didn't really have a light bulb up there. Maybe his colon just had a great idea.

August 31, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sharky

How bored/stoned/crazy do you have to be where that is a good idea?... durp, durp, durp.. oh, well, there's nothing on TV, I guess I'll stick stuff in me bum, durp, durp...

August 31, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. raven

I used to work in an e.r. had a guy with a light bulb you know where. and he said he SAT on it! We just nodded and said uh huh.

August 31, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. raven

Hey! Sorry guys cancelled the first one but guess it went thru anyway .

August 31, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. catLoversInc

you should be put down first.

August 31, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Barney

The dog has an iron deficiency ans was trying to fix that by eating nails.

August 31, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. LADYDI

YOUR OBVIOUSLY NOT A DOG LOVER – OR A BABY LOVER EITHER. BABIES PUT THINGS IN THEIR MOUTHS AND EAT THEM – GUESS YOU THINK BABIES SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO LIVE EITGHER. YOUR A PATHETIC PIECE OF DOG POOP.

August 31, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • goonie goo goo

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! You typed DOG POOP !!!

August 31, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. JohnDorian

@shishta Agreed. Thank you for saying what I was thinking. Stupid dog!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go ram my fist down my own dog's throat to retrieve my car keys. Wish me luck! Red Nosed Pitbulls tend to have a bit of a temper when you do that sort of thing.

August 31, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. f

I hate dogs. My wife had a dog for 13 years that was the stupidest animal that ever lived. It ate used feminine hygeine products (oh, yes!), dirty baby diapers (before I could put the new one on), the kitchen garbage (we went through 4 different and progressively heavier and advertised as "dog-proof" garbage cans), any bathroom trash, dirt, grass, and mushrooms in the lawn, dead bugs, dead birds, and a bag of chocolate (which should have killed him, but alas...). I hate dogs.

August 31, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lolo

Try a cat.....mine does that and more

September 29, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  15. mary

You never know how close you are from a accident like this.. I fell a few years ago and landed on a plant that broke.And both broken branches impaled me .Had it not have broken and spread apart, I would have had a horrific kind of accident....But at the angle I fell, and the splitting of the branch, They went into a place that did no major damage.I had two places pierced, but far better than the one I could have had.
    It was so close to causing horrific damage that I still cant do anything without the queezy feeling of knowing what a close call I had..
    The only thing good about these accidents is that they are so sudden.. And you are in such shock.. It's worse thinking about it later that when it actually happened.
    Still this guy with the sheer's in his eye...~! Wow.. Makes me cringe..

August 31, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |