September 1st, 2011

3.4-magnitude quake hits Virginia

A 3.4-magnitude earthquake rattled Mineral, Virginia, early Thursday, nine days after a 5.8-magnitude temblor in the same area shook up much of the eastern United States.

Thursday's quake, which struck at 5:09 a.m., was centered four miles south-southeast of Mineral at a depth of about three miles, according to preliminary data from the U.S. Geological Survey.

Post by:
Filed under: Earthquake • Natural Disasters
  1. Alex

Aftershock?

September 1, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. the prophet

The way I see it my fellow readers is that if GOD was to come tomorrow to save you, you will crucify him again and again that is why he will come in your darkness

September 1, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Terrance Wood

Criminy. Although I know there is nothing to loose you of your delusions; I will explain that God is real, ultimately scientifically verifiable, and sane. Not only is He real–His love is beyond your comprehension. So, the Good News: You're not going to Hell, and you will be 'saved', even speaking of things for which you cannot sympathize (God's true power). The bad news: You have to figure it out for yourself.

September 1, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
    • whoknew

Those who believe in him will never crucify him, for he is our Lord and Savior. The only true redeemer.

September 1, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  3. Terrance Wood

Good grief robert,such tea-party lingo. You must be a fan of Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann. It is obvious that you support the disgusting war in the Middle East. Shame on you!

September 1, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  4. Soapy

Joe: I agree with you. Obama has tried to do his best for the people of the United States of America, but the Republican party is so afraid of him and afraid that he will be re-elected that they are trying to stop him any way that they can, even if it means destroying this country to do it. Wow. It is amazing how people don't use good logic.

September 1, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Lucipher25

"good logic"

Nice.

September 16, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lola

Strange comment.

September 1, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. mark

get a life joe, that's ridiculous. i'm on nobody's side but can clearly state that obama is a sucky and weak president PERIOD. nothing to do with race or whatever. he just doesn't do enough. for the fact ALONE that 3 years after he took office we are still babysitting with ur billions iraq and afghanistan he should be voted out.

September 1, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. Candid One

Try a laxative, chum.

September 1, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  8. Amy

Terrance...what? I think you're on the wrong story...

September 1, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Terrance Wood

There is more than one 'Terrance Wood', here. 😉 I'm T.J., the real T.J. *musical interlude* Anyways, no matter, it all started with me trying to mimic insanity. Not that easy, if you're really trying. Not that I claim to be all that 'sane'. 😀

September 1, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  9. whoknew

Here we go again............I don't think the East Coast can take so much in a week or so. Ugh.

September 1, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  10. Noxx

lol 3.4...i don't even feel those when they happen.

September 1, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • To Noxx

Congratulations man

September 1, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  11. the prophet

You’re a man of perfect words and sentences with a clear vision of GOD, and I am a humble peasant no math for you so help me GOD

September 1, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Oh Really?

Your man made god doesn't exist. You are in dire need of medical attention for imagination problems.

Please seek help immediately!

September 1, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  12. the prophet

Your knowledge will be no match, your faith however is…and you think you have it, you think you feel it, you think you living it, accept you think I don’t so you judging me?

September 1, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Terrance Wood

Reproof is a tool, given from God. It isn't to be used as a weapon, rather, it is to be used as a life saving device. Only God is good, if you don't remember anything else I say to you, remember that.

September 1, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  13. SpasticColom

OK people, this time it was me. I had White Castle last night. Back to work.

September 1, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
    • whoknew

I think you mean't colon?

September 1, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  14. SpasticColon

Ohhhh TERRANCE! ... What color is the wind? - I don't know, why don't you check .... PFFFFFT! - Ohh you FARTED! Oh my!

September 1, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |