September 1st, 2011

3.4-magnitude quake hits Virginia

A 3.4-magnitude earthquake rattled Mineral, Virginia, early Thursday, nine days after a 5.8-magnitude temblor in the same area shook up much of the eastern United States.

Thursday's quake, which struck at 5:09 a.m., was centered four miles south-southeast of Mineral at a depth of about three miles, according to preliminary data from the U.S. Geological Survey.

Post by:
Filed under: Earthquake • Natural Disasters
  1. the prophet

Delusional you may say….. mmm! G, could you be right

September 1, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. the prophet

Delusional you may say….. mmm! G, could you be right and if you what does that mean

September 1, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  3. the prophet

Delusional you may say….. mmm! G, could you be

September 1, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. Magz

Ugh!!! Americans need to stop expecting one man to fix it all! That's what I call a stinking pipe dream. We did this to ourselves ... and we all need to work together to fix it. The president, not just this one, but any, would not be able to fix this crap alone. #justsayin

September 1, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini, "vain, compulsive," "idiotic," "heathen," and "arrogant" 6%-bodyfat "dude"

I enjoy reading my reviews, even so-called "bad" ones.
    Actually there are no bad reviews, as long as they spell your name correctly.
    A friend of mine, a MET baritone and TV star, wanted to put only his worst reviews on the ads for a NYC recital.
    His manager wouldn't let him.
    Some of my beloved insults are listed above.

September 1, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. BMS

I do believe that no mater what this blog is about, it will turn to religion, and today acusations are flying about as if this topic was "Button, button, whose got the button!" A kid's game. Have fun, I hope you find out who has the 'Button'.

September 1, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini, "vain, compulsive," "idiotic," "heathen," and "arrogant" 6%-bodyfat "dude"

At Terrance Woods, troll or not:
    I would never assert that I speak for God.
    I do not believe in God, although I find the concept useful as an image of focus for both raising and lowering my level of mental energu.

September 1, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Terrance Wood

Couldn't say I thought you did, with that trolling session. I probably shouldn't have responded to you, as I had been awake the prior two days with work. This is probably the worst place to unwind. Especially considering, albeit a small earthquake, it is still a blog post with 'bad' news. Nonetheless, I have no quarrels with anyone that doesn't believe in God. I didn't, until I could personally verify it to myself. From what I know, He has more respect for someone that believes, without being given personal validation. For me, I diminish, every time I fall short. At least for the blindly faithful–they generally fall short, in ignorance. Peace.

September 2, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  8. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Felt it in my closet.

September 1, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  9. Squid

Oh no!!! The sky's falling!!! Or at least the media wants you to think it is.

September 1, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. Nathan Krisher

This is about an earthquake can you leave the politics out of it and go somewhere else?

September 1, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  11. AzHitman

This must be Obama throwing a Temper Tantrum over being told to save his 3 year old speech for another day.

September 1, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  12. Rock

Thanks for the in-depth reporting
    This just in: Politicians still suck

September 1, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  13. the prophet

any one for the revolution

September 1, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • :-)

@The Prophet Honestly that's what it would take !

September 1, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • HAARP

This is all my fault.. Well actually the fault lies under Virginia.. I only played my HAARP music and caused the quake.. Where's Steven Seagal to stop those blasted quake satellites?

September 1, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. anon

arguing about politics on a thread about an earthquake... typical americans

September 1, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  15. Common Sense

They have been being hit with aftershocks almost everyday.For some reason a area in Albany,NY has been being hit almost daily with small swarm tremors ranging 1.8-2.8

September 1, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |