September 2nd, 2011

Taliban abducted young people, officials believe

Authorities in Pakistan's tribal region believe the Taliban have abducted around 30 young people on an outing there.

Islam Zeb, a senior administrator in Bajaur Agency, told CNN on Friday the people were between the ages of 10 and 20 and elders were meeting to discuss the recovery of the children.

Zeb said the youth were walking to a picnic spot along a river to mark the end of the Muslim holiday of Ramadan.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Pakistan
  1. My Official list of those who voluntarily contribute to child-abuse and the spread of aids

@banasy...these posts are directed t the entire viewing public, especially those who have feet that fit in the 'shoes' on my list, not at you personally. If you take offense, I purty much know what size shoe you wear..

September 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

Philip:
    You are your own worse enemy.
    Anyone who disagrees with you is always wrong, aren't they?
    A very wise girl told me to ignore your posts.
    I take her advice, and you attack me.
    You are no better than those you accuse of doing the same thing.
    So I will post this once again.
    Read it, please.

Did you know I volunteer at both a raype crisis hot line and a suicide hot line?
    Did you know that I am working behind the scenes of the RCC to address the issue of priests abusing boys AND girls?
    I doubt it, because you don’t know me at all.
    I don’t tell you things that are up close and personal to me because it’s NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!
    I am only going to say this one more time:
    I abhor pedophilia, but not their victims.
    I abhor AIDS, but not their victims.
    I abhor pedophilia priests.
    I abhor pedophilia family members.
    I abhor child abuse in all it’s forms.
    I have seen your messages, and have taken note.
    I don’t need to read the same book over and over again to remember the story.
    I am not going to keep explaining myself to you, because it’s obviously futile.
    Quit taking potshots at me.
    I walk the walk.
    Now, please, quit critiquing every post I make here, because I choose to actually post on the topic that’s given, and not *your* topic.

September 2, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

@philip:
    You know nothing about my shoes.
    You know nothing about me al all.
    In the scheme of things, that's good.

September 2, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

I walk the walk.
    You post statistics.
    Well and good.

September 2, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

...as if banasy knows my walk. How many times have you called me your "White Hat" man in the past year or so? What was it exactly that took your year-long view of me and turned it completely upside-down these past few weeks?

September 2, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

BS...I know you live in Griffith Park, you work at a library, your husband enjoys fishing, your daughters could use some help(as could my own), you have the cutest grand-daughter in all of Illinois, Neala. And I know that we used to be really good online friends for a long time till "it" happened. What it is, I can only guess...unless of course you are answering as I post this. And, as you know, there are other things that I know about you, just as you know them about me. Me? I prefer to give my gifts of mercy and conduct my good deeds in such a way so as NOT to be viewed by anyone but me, and The One I adore who rewards me with a promise. I do not want my reward in full...right here...right now. Hence, very few know what I've been up to in my private life...good or not so good, even BAD in my younger days, as you are fully aware.

September 2, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

@Philip:
    I will admit that I DO NOT know your walk, as you've never shared with me what you do volunteer wise, or in any way besides posting your stats.
    What has changed my mind?
    I still think of you as one of those who wear a white hat.
    That hasn't changed.
    What has changed is your absolute certainty that you are right and correct in all things; and if someone doesn't swallow your version of the world, that they, along with the world, is somehow against you.
    It's tedious, and draining.
    I have no problem with complimenting a person who is doing good.
    I just don't feel I have to constantly stroke your ego by replying to posts that you post over and over.
    I haven't attacked you any more than you have attacked me....but at least I don't try to blackmail you into agreeing with me.
    Because that wouldn't really be a victory at all, would it?

September 2, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

...and I know what mulled wine is, thanks to you. Remember the first time we met here? You and I, and chrissy and ThomasD stayed-up chatting...pretending we were skiing, TD and I were dream fishing...the brakes went out on chrissy's old pickup truck, etc. Ahhh, those were the days my friend, I thought would never end. But they did. Was it something I did? Or was it something i said.

September 2, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

@philip:
    You know me very superficially.
    You didn't know what I did concerning the activities above.
    I do other things, too....not for recognition, but because I truly want to make a difference to people's lives.
    I'm sure you do, too, but badgering me into agreeing isn't the way to go about it.
    Trying to make me look shallow only makes one look shallow themselves.
    My family and my true friends know different, and I'm going to a football game, now.
    Friday night lights, you know.

September 2, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Philip, dear, we're still friends.
    We just disagree on stuff.
    And I don't live in Griffith Park.

September 2, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

Well banasy, this may come as a surprise to you, but victims of malicious child stalkers (like me) oftentimes develop the very complex in me that you accurately expose here. A child who repeatadly tells people he's being abused, and those people continually ignore the child...even accusing me of making it up...well, we kinda develop an overly exagerrated need to be right. So during the course of my life, I've read everything and studied everything I can get my hands on, so that I can be right. And is why I've never bothered owning a TV...It(tv) clashes with what I've come to know as truth based on experience, both good and bad, travelling the world, and study, including countless hours studying God's word, the bible. So excuse me for being molested as a child. I didn't mean to offend you by it.

September 2, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Oh, for God's sake, Philip, there you go again!
    Stop being so bloody nearsighted!
    You took my olive branch, and you broke it!
    Are you satisfied now?
    You're not the only victim in life.
    Stop portraying it as if you were.
    AND I'M NOT OFFENDED BY YOUR HAVING BEEN A VICTIM!
    But you HAVE offended me today by portraying me as a self-involved twit.
    That speaks volumes about you...as to your motives?
    Who knows?
    Oh, yeah.
    Only you.
    Congratulations.
    Did you WANT to push me away?
    You did.

September 2, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

No? It's been awhile since I visited your FB pages. You do live on the southeast side of Chicago in the burbs? Where do I live banasy?

September 2, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

You live in Colorado Springs, Philip.
    Or at least, that's what you told me.

September 2, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. George Patton

Did this truly happen or is this just more right-wing propaganda to justify this obscene war?

September 2, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Darwin

Who really knows anymore? I stopped asking questions like this a long time ago. Sheeple either call you un-patriotic or a conspiracy theory nut case if you do. Just believe everything you hear on TV like everyone else and you’ll be much happier. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

September 2, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sounds like more Boogie Man BS!

Maybe we should send Chuck Norris after them. Even the Boogie Man checks under his bed for Chuck Norris. LOL!

September 2, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |