September 3rd, 2011

7.0 earthquake strikes near Vanuatu in South Pacific

An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.0 struck Sunday morning off the southern tip of the South Pacific archipelago of Vanuatu, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The quake struck about 75 miles (122 km) southeast of Isangel, the administrative capital of the island of Tanna, and 134 miles (217 km) northeast of New Caledonia's Loyalty Islands.

A tsunami alert has not been issued for the South Pacific or the U.S. western coast.

Post by:
Filed under: Earthquake • Vanuatu
  1. Philip

@the Prophet...you see, not all want to go to heaven. Some people would enjoy living here once God "bring[s] to ruin those ruining the earth." (Rev. 11:17,18)

September 4, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. the prophet

@Philip yes my son there will be on option

September 4, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

I would surely step-aside if God were to send one of his true people here and espouse The Truth, but none came. (shrug)

September 4, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. the prophet

@Philip yes my son... there will be NO option

September 4, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  5. RUFFNUTT© ( human rights activist and elf slayer)

SO... where will jesus land? i bet iceland... they use geothermal power.. i think geothermal power makes god feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

September 4, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  6. Newspaper delivery Boy

@ Mr. Philip
    THERE IS NO OTHER "OPTION" FOR YOU
    (HOLDING YOUR NEWSPAPER ABOVE MY LIGHTER)
    I'M WAITING FOR THE REPLY, OLD MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

September 4, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT© ( human rights activist and elf slayer)

i think he is talking about "stock options"

September 4, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  7. the prophet

My son The truth never existed because there was no evil

September 4, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. RUFFNUTT© ( elf slayer & 15th lvl warrior )

i think that maybe with all these earth quakes...maybe jesus is going to hatch outta the earth like a bird comming outta a egg...
    maybe he'll reapear on easter..

September 4, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  9. Scottish Mama

Good Morning vietnam,
    gung see I told ya I sleep like Ben Franklin. I think we can have debates even if you are a republican. I do argue politely as JiF has observed on occasion.
    Philip-I am not religious as I am spiritual. I think the different religions set us apart, make us less tolerant of each other, cause wars, and blind us to getting down to the real discussions that should take place. I was brought up Roman Catholic and if I had to choose a religion I would choose Buddism. One of the few religions that really teach someone how to treat their fellow human beings. I am agnostic and have always been a doubting Thomas.

September 4, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

So you believe there's a doubting thomas

September 4, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

I read it in the a book. Not impervious to my brainwashing as a child, mmmm

September 4, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  10. justathought

@gung hoe, I was not doubting Jazzzz's Christianity, just offering the commfort and reasurence we all need from other believers once in a while. We're suppose to do that you know. You have a good day too.

September 4, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  11. RUFFNUTT© ( elf slayer & 15th lvl warrior )

remember jesus is the most powerful... cause he is all knowing..
    that means he knows-> kung-fu , ninjitsu , and dim mak...
    '.
    so he is all powerfull....

September 4, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. Scottish Mama

I see Lars the troll does not sleep, gung.

September 4, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  13. Newspaper delivery Boy

why why why cant i post!!!!!!!!
    ( crying like a boy in a tutu)

September 4, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  14. RUFFNUTT© ( elf slayer & 15th lvl warrior )

probaly cause "the watcher" is mad at you..

September 4, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. the prophet

@my son scottish mama Buddhism in translation is the laws of Nature interpreted, a non subordination belief. Join me to walk the earth on the road of prophecy

September 4, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Prophet when will that book be translated to the realm of print.

September 4, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |