September 3rd, 2011

7.0 earthquake strikes near Vanuatu in South Pacific

An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.0 struck Sunday morning off the southern tip of the South Pacific archipelago of Vanuatu, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The quake struck about 75 miles (122 km) southeast of Isangel, the administrative capital of the island of Tanna, and 134 miles (217 km) northeast of New Caledonia's Loyalty Islands.

A tsunami alert has not been issued for the South Pacific or the U.S. western coast.

Post by:
Filed under: Earthquake • Vanuatu
  1. the prophet

My son I speak from a divine inspiration, the book is a journey

September 4, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Then I shall follow you in the word of blog. My journey is daily, in the people I meet, often in the joy of paying it forward to help those in need.

September 4, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  2. Philip

@scottish mama...where does the religion of Buddah stand on issues such as sodomy and joining-in the blood-letting of War? We know where Jesus stands all to well...where does Buddah stand? Oh, that's right...he's sitting because his fat belly would snap his legs like twigs if he were to stand. No offense, just making a point.

September 4, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

I said if I had to choose. Ethical, mindfulness, with a dash of meditation would be some of the practices that would help you. Instead of attacking, trying to exert hurt on someone, and reflecting on what you say to someone.

September 4, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

@Philip-most religions join in on war, and for the name of their god. Is it that if you call on God it makes a war more just?

September 4, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. gung hoe

Me

September 4, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. Newspaper delivery Boy

Ohhh, I;m gonna have fun with you Mr. philip
    I have a very mean dog who likes to crap on newspapers!

September 4, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. Religion defined

'Religion' def. "form or worship". We all worship something or someone. Some worship money, for example, spending most of their time seeking it. Others worship personalities such as sport's stars, spending much of their free-time and energy following a mere game. Whatever it is that you are devoted to spending your time with, is your religion.

September 4, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

I'm off to mow my yard, so that next Sunday it won't take me so long to find the newspaper hidden in the overgrowth. I'll bbl to check this thread. c-ya'll.

September 4, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. gung hoe

Hey hot moma ya still there

September 4, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  8. Scottish Mama

Back to earthquakes, we have not had a large one that could be felt in Missouri in at least 25 years. But since the Tech plates are moving on both coasts I believe the middle is bound to shift soon.

September 4, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  9. Scottish Mama

Hi gung, did you even get any shut-eye?

September 4, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mmmmm

Ahhh, so you're impervious to the brainwashings as an adult...

September 4, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

No, I get caught up in the mayhem, I just rather be less the mind clutter, and more factual. Mmmmm, you are a sly fellow and quite passionate in your beliefs. I prefer not to get into a religion debate, I know from where you come, I don't look for conversion, just acceptance to be cordial, and speak of helping the living.

September 4, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  11. gung hoe

I know philip is Very smart but i think he lets that get in the way sometimes

September 4, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

He is passionate.

September 4, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  12. for you info

The central USA is the most-active EQ zone in the USA already. Look it up if you do not believe.

September 4, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

I felt one last month, but I am saying one that rocks or does damage to property or loss of life.

September 4, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

@FYI- I was thinking that if a plate moves, it would move plates all over, I just think that we are probably due for one.

September 4, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  13. gung hoe

I dont try to persuade people about religion But as a christian its my duty to let them know about my lord and savior jesus christ And youll know i am a christion by the way me and my family live

September 4, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

We will walk with each other, we will walk hand in hand, we will walk with each other, we will walk hand in hand, and together we will spread the news that god is in our land. And they will know we are christians by our love by our love,.........

September 4, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. Scottish Mama

@Gung- I just believe religions draw us farther apart, but most stem from the same religion, but time and man makes them distant and thus makes us more distant as humans.

September 4, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  15. the prophet

@Scottish mama...the injustice and cruelty upon man from another man are abundant-full, the journey is long and painful.

September 4, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Hard to watch, play by play. The chess game on minds makes the game longer. Cards on the table makes the game less painful, but has less play.

September 4, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |