September 3rd, 2011

7.0 earthquake strikes near Vanuatu in South Pacific

An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.0 struck Sunday morning off the southern tip of the South Pacific archipelago of Vanuatu, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The quake struck about 75 miles (122 km) southeast of Isangel, the administrative capital of the island of Tanna, and 134 miles (217 km) northeast of New Caledonia's Loyalty Islands.

A tsunami alert has not been issued for the South Pacific or the U.S. western coast.

Post by:
Filed under: Earthquake • Vanuatu
  1. bobcat2u

@the prophet

Yo dude ! What's shakin in vegas ? Oh yeah, nothing.

September 4, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. gung hoe

Moma was gettin groceries sorry i agree about the plates

September 4, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. the prophet

Remember GOD was crucified and dried on a cross by the hands of another man, commanded by an army, ordered and executed by a Government. In the second coming all armies and Government will be hit hard by the forces of nature debilitating it. In addition to failing the system the security and trust will be in question? People will be faced with the truth of their system deceptions, and will long for answers and change for salvation.

September 4, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jazzzzzzzz

I long for ONE true friend, human that is.

September 4, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Hi,Jazzzzzzz, I think in the quest of many, the one gets lost.

September 4, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. gung hoe

Easiest way to start a arguement religion and politics As i differ from most on here just trieing to spread the good word of both

September 4, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jazzzzzz

I like cocoa. Do you like cocoa?

September 4, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. the prophet

About Vegas... Wait be patient it's coming I did not say today

September 4, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. raven

I like cocoa. But I wish that the marshmallow would last longer...

September 4, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Hoo boy!

I see I started something with the ©.
    Trendsetter banasy©!
    ROTFLMAO!

An earthquake is due to the plates shifting, which they have since time began.
    I think they seem to happen more frequently because:
    A) we receive our news faster than ever, and
    B) people have been less than kind to Mother Earth, and our left-over garbage angers her.

The end.
    No pun intended.

September 4, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Banasy, Your royalness, you are up. I think that if you have a core and you suck the water, oil and mine the minerals you deplete the center and make voids, (fracking and such)and earth may become labryth-like and become like a sink hole.
      I heard T-Boone Pickens has become a water-Baron and is selling water. I guess I better go research.

September 4, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

Yeah ! It's kinda like Shake n Bake ! And I haaelped !
      Hello fellow humanoids.

September 4, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. the prophet

I do so like cocoa. I do. I like it with pink marshmallows on top. So so good.

September 4, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Scottish Mama

I do enjoy a hot cup of cocoa during a cold winter evening. But I prefer it without the marshmallow.

September 4, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

It anin't me, I am not the fortunate trollfree woman.

September 4, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

P.S Marshmellows-the more the merrier.

September 4, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. gung hoe

@ jazzzzzz i will be your friend you have let that wall down the other night wow I thought i was jack the ripper

September 4, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. gung hoe

I like cocoa too.

September 4, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

To *keep* a true friend, it is helpful not to call them a f-ing b!tch every time one sees something one misinterprets on the blogs.
    I said this before to someone else, but it bears repeating:
    It's tiring and tedious.
    It is also helpful to stop accusing the other of things that exist only in one's insecure mind.

September 4, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jazzzzzzzz

@ gung hoe, I did let the wall down last night... that was the problem
    thanks friend