September 3rd, 2011

7.0 earthquake strikes near Vanuatu in South Pacific

An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.0 struck Sunday morning off the southern tip of the South Pacific archipelago of Vanuatu, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The quake struck about 75 miles (122 km) southeast of Isangel, the administrative capital of the island of Tanna, and 134 miles (217 km) northeast of New Caledonia's Loyalty Islands.

A tsunami alert has not been issued for the South Pacific or the U.S. western coast.

Post by:
Filed under: Earthquake • Vanuatu
  1. Philip

@banasy...I wasn't pointing the finger at you personally, but at Americans in general. To illustrate: I awoke excited to retrieve my Sunday paper and read the CIA/gadhafi headline. But there wasn't even a sidebar story. There was one about an triple x movie star's positive test for aids shutting down that industry, but nothing about this story. It seems that even when Americans find-out these things, the major media outlets still report's what they know most Americans are interested in. Questions? Comments?

September 4, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. gung hoe

Hey raven evidently banasys not gonna talk to me Is the trolls always like this

September 4, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

@gung hoe:
    Hello.
    Of course I'm gonna talk to you...I was just tending to the little 'un.
    What thread are you talking about and who is my so-called friend?
    (Although I'm not sure who is who anymore here!)

@raven:
    Hi, sweetie!

September 4, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

@raven...I've read literally hundreds of your posts over the past several months...you're one of the nicest people here, and you gravitated naturally towords those here that are like that. (he he...wish I were better at following your example, and I have at times. But i got issues...not that this is an excuse. It's just who i am, a vast improvement over who I used to be) Progress before perfection, and principles before personalities. 🙂

September 4, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@Philip:

Of course I know that you weren't singling me out.
    Someone else commented on the lack of outrage amongst our citizens; I think it was saywhat.
    Well, hopefully we can get more info on exactly what the CIA has been doing, so I *can* form a more informed opinion.

September 4, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

@raven:

Listen to Uncle Phil. He is most wise.

September 4, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

Oh, and as an aside, it's mostly the most frequent and/or the most decent people who get trolled.
    Although it annoys me, and a bass-ackward way it's kind of a compliment.
    Kind of! 😉

September 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

@banasy...great! I humbly and sincerely invite you to goto Youtube and watch "Confessions of an Economic Hitman". (There are several videos and interviews there based on an 2006 Amazon.com 'best selling book' by the same name/author, written by an former NSA (directors of the CIA) operative who explains this much better than I. Since his book, several former NSA/CIA operatives have come forward, and a sequel to the book is forthcoming, if not already out. (it may have already been released, I haven't checked lately)

September 4, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. leeintulsa

This just in: he's realizing she's not taking his calls.

September 4, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

@Philip:
    Duly noted.
    Thank you.
    I'll try, if time permits, to do it at work.
    After work, I mean...

September 4, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Hi, TS leeintulsa!
    What's the good word?

September 4, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Philip

Yw...and while you are there, seek-out Dr. Judy Wood, Phd., a Clemson University professor who was dismissed for publishing what you will find from her on Youtube. Truly incredibly amazing stuff she has to say.

September 4, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. the bible

"Faith is the ASSURED expectation of things hoped for, the EVIDENT demonstration of REALITIES though not beheld" Pauls letter to the Hebrew Christaians, Ch. 11, vs. 1. Blind-faith is reserved for those too lazy or just plain-old not interested in studying the number one best selling book of all-time. Those who know their bibles inside and out have the real faith.

September 4, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat2u

I've been gone for a while. What did I miss ?

Hello raven ! How you been doin ?
    I'm down here on the coast watching all this liquid air fall out of the sky.

September 4, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |