September 3rd, 2011

7.0 earthquake strikes near Vanuatu in South Pacific

An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.0 struck Sunday morning off the southern tip of the South Pacific archipelago of Vanuatu, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The quake struck about 75 miles (122 km) southeast of Isangel, the administrative capital of the island of Tanna, and 134 miles (217 km) northeast of New Caledonia's Loyalty Islands.

A tsunami alert has not been issued for the South Pacific or the U.S. western coast.

Post by:
Filed under: Earthquake • Vanuatu
  1. raven

I thought Bimbo was right...but at least one troll is up. And yes,I am in alaska right now. I noticed that marshmallows come in different flavors. .

September 4, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  2. banasy

Pay no mind to the troll of 12:25 raven. He sounds so real,but I can tell that isn't you. So what flavor of marshmallow do you enjoy most sista?

September 4, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. raven

And yes AK is prone to quakes. Big ones. The Good Friday quake in 64 was the largest to date. Was over 9.5. My mom was downtown in Anchorage and got seasick. People were falling down. I have lots of pictures taken right after. Looks like a warzone.

September 4, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. raven

Strawberry. I wish I had some now.sigh.

September 4, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. raven

No.. Im not in Alaska now. I moved to be with my guy. And no, his names not Todd.

September 4, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  6. Conceil8

This earthquake is telling the Christian world to unite and to end trading, also the devastating earthquake in Vatican this October 22 2011 has the same message

September 4, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  7. raven

Not me posting about 1964 earthquakes.

September 4, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. raven

I love Todd very much. Please troll...why are you doing this. .sigh.

September 4, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  9. banasy

*facepalm* @raven. Don't worry,we can tell the difference.

September 4, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  10. raven

Im not sure what I ever did to anyone here to make you dislike me so much. But have it your way, take the thread. Im out.

September 4, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  11. raven

I wish there was a way to get marshmallows to last longer in hot coco.

September 4, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. Conceil8

Actually there is a way raven. They need to add heat resistant sugar that will make it last longer.

September 4, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

I m going to change my wicked ways praise be to God Ill show love to all who respond here God bless you all

September 4, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. raven

Really?

September 4, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  15. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

I wish marshmallows would last longer in my coco. Who is banasy? Who is raven? Are they trolls?

September 4, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |