September 3rd, 2011

Cuban defense minister dies of heart attack, state media reports

Cuba's defense minister died suddenly Saturday from a heart attack, the Caribbean nation's state news service reported.

Julio Casas Regueiro, 75, became head of Cuba's armed forces in February 2008.

A longtime revolutionary, he fought alongside Fidel and Raul Castro in the guerrilla war that brought the two brothers to power in January 1959.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Cuba • Fidel Castro
  1. gung hoe

Good post Joey Isotta-Fraschini,you said it all.

September 4, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Thank you, gung hoe. I see that you're a supporter of Castro just like me. I guess that it sounds a little funny coming from someone of Italian descent like me since it was Castro himself who orchestrated the expulsion of the Mafia from Cuba after 1959. Like I said before, Fidel Castro is a very good man despite the efforts of the right-wing media to villify him!!!

September 4, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. yada

Yikes! Looks like a Troll party. Even I can tell the difference and I haven't been blogging for very long. They sure are annoying. Meanwhile, Hi banasy! Sounds like you're enjoying a nice week-end with the family. It's in the 90s here on the West Coast. I'm just staying indoors and staying cool.

September 4, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. larry

Does this really count as a news story cnn? Oh I forgot, the man who founded cnn is also a communist along with his ex wife.

September 4, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Last two JIF posts CLEARLY not by JIF.
    I ABHOR Communism.
    I abhor most socialism: we do have to build bridges and–I suppose–maintain public schools, such as they are today.
    Public schools were better in my day, but then I'm going on 116 years of age.
    Castro represents a disaster to Cuba and to the world.
    The computerized censor here would never print my parody of the Communist Manifesto, the first word of which begins with the letter "A."

September 4, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. George Patton

I see I trolled Joey too. I am the Tea Partying idiot who does the same thing to everyone as I try to make a joke out of everything. I do it to others on this web page, too.

September 4, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Sorry, gung hoe. I see that you’re no supporter of Castro, like me. I guess that it sounds a little funny coming from someone of troll descent like me since it was Castro himself who orchestrated the expulsion of the Mafia from Cuba after 1959. Like I said before, Fidel Castro is a very sick man and the efforts of the left-wing media are correct to villify him!!!

September 4, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Travis

As much as I hate to admit it, you Tea Partiers are rather hilarious at trolling these people who are trying to make a point here. As funny as it is, I still feel sorry for guys like George and Joey who so right in what they say for they are constantly ridiculed by you Tea Partiers but then again, I happen to agree with George and Joey and I guess that'll make me the next Tea Party target!

September 5, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. George Patton

As much as I'd love to admit it, I'm a Tea Partier who would rather troll these people who are trying to make a point here than come up with my own ID. As funny as it is, I still feel sorry for myself because guys like RUFFNUTT and Joey are so superior in what they say and I am constantly ridiculed by everyone. Tea Partiers like myself agree with Palin and Bachman and I guess that’ll make me the next target for anyone with an intelligent thought, which excludes me and my entire family.

September 6, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |