September 5th, 2011

Bush: no sense of jubilation at bin Laden's death

Former President George W. Bush says he experienced no pleasure when he heard about the death of Osama bin Laden, the al Qaeda leader responsible for orchestrating the deadly terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

"He was sitting in a restaurant in Dallas when the Secret Service told him that President (Barack) Obama wanted to speak to him. He then learned about the assassination," documentarian Peter Schnall told CNN in an interview set to air Monday.

Bush "said to us certainly there was no sense of jubilation (and) certainly no sense of happiness," Schnall stressed. "If anything, he felt that finally there was a sense of closure."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: George W. Bush • September 11 • Terrorism
  1. mr sandyk

@casual no I am not saying they doctored the video at all. I am saying video I say was just a blur with white blurs hitting it. but I just cannot get past the people on those flights WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM? if flight 77 did not hit the pentagon WHERE DID IT AND ITS PASSENGERS GO

September 5, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. clearmind

Sorry used wrong screen name. my wife used to post on here as sandyk. Some know me as mr sandyk, just seemed a bit morbid to continue.

September 5, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. casual observer

What happened to them? he he. What happened to the list of them...Flight 77s passenger manifest is still a mystery, as are the jets flight recorders. (ditto the virtually indestructable flight recorders of the two jets that hit the towers. Black-boxes are DESIGNED for this sort of thing. What are the odds that all three jets each had their several recorders (jets have a min of two each) destroyed by a fire that didn't melt plastic passports? And why wasn't the Securacom corporation ever questioned? They had security contracts for the Towers complex, Dulles Airfield, and Boston logan. What happened to Securacom?

September 5, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. clearmind

Ok ok we are going in circles. for me families know they put their loved ones on those planes and knew the flight numbers. to he.ll with passenger list etc... the families knew. unless all of those people were actors involved in a govt cover up.

September 5, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  5. clearmind

I guess it could be a govt coverup he.ll the WARREN REPORT still has people believing there was just one shooter!

September 5, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

Sorry to hear about your wife Mr. Sand k. May she rest in peace. And I believe what Jesus said about her and all who have died...she is "sleeping in death" to be awakened (resurrected back to life on earth) once God has "set matters straight" concerning those who willfully and stubbornly ruin this home God made just for us. I believe that you can see her in the flesh again, Mr. Sandy K...and I got this belief from the bible. Are you a believer in God's word?

September 5, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jazzzzzzzz

September 5, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. clearmind

@philip yes I sure am, wouldnt want to go through this life without HIM. although somedays I am better at being HIS than others. Thank you for the kind words. it has been a 2 months now since my wife`s homecoming

September 5, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jazzzzzzzz

Hope this help the very, shall I say spirited debate
    @ Mr. Sandy K , so glad to see you. Hope everything is getting a little easier for you?
    Good Night all 🙂

September 5, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. clearmind

@jazzzzzzzz HEY GIRL! Easier is the best word but it is getting to be ok. some days are harder than other. Good Night to you, sleep welll

September 5, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jazzzzzzzz

I'm still here if you want to talk

September 5, 2011 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jazzzzzzzz

You were so very blessed to have some so special as your wife to love and be loved 🙂

September 5, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jazzzzzzzz

I know of the pain your going thru, I lost my love just two days ago.
    I can't tell you how empty I am, but I know I don't have to tell you.
    Glad to hear it will get a little better in time.

September 5, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. clearmind

Aww sorry baby girl what happened

September 5, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jazzzzzzzz

Oh, Not for saying on the blogs, but it will get better with time.

September 6, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |