Police: Arkansas meteorologist found asleep in tub next to dead man
KARK meteorologist Brett Cummins was allegedly found asleep in a hot tub next to a dead man.
September 7th, 2011

Police: Arkansas meteorologist found asleep in tub next to dead man

Police are investigating the death of an Arkansas man whose naked body was allegedly found next to a sleeping TV weatherman in a hot tub after a night of drinking and drugs.

The owner of the home awoke Monday morning to find the body of 24-year-old Dexter Williams at the bottom of an empty tub, his face blue and purple and a chain resembling a dog collar around his neck, according to a Maumelle Police report.

Asleep next to him was KARK meteorologist Brett Cummins, 33, who had arrived at Christopher Barbour's home outside Little Rock accompanied by Williams around 8 p.m. on Sunday, Barbour told police.

The three drank and snorted drugs, though Barbour told police he did not know what kind, Officer Gregory Roussie said in a report. The three continued drinking in the hot tub until Barbour retired for the night around 11 p.m., falling asleep on his couch.

Barbour awoke to the sound of Cummins snoring and discovered the two in the hot tub, which had been drained of water, he told police. After he awoke Cummins, the two realized that Williams' face was discolored and his skin cold to the touch, prompting Cummins to scream and run to the living room, where he vomited, Barbour said.

Maumelle Police and fire rescue arrived at the home around 8:10 a.m. and found Williams' body in the tub with blood pooling around his head, Sergeant David Collins said in a report. In the master bedroom he found a pill bottle next to a pair of khaki cargo shorts on a storage ottoman at the foot of the bed.

No arrests had been made as of Wednesday, Lieutenant Jim Hansard said.

KARK reported the incident on its website Tuesday, acknowledging that Cummins was at Barbour’s house.

"Our Meteorologist Brett Cummins was at the home at the time of the death and we felt we should share this with our viewers," the report said. "Brett will not be on the air as he is mourning the loss of his friend. Our thoughts go out to the family and friends of Dexter Williams."

Cummins has not responded to calls or written requests for comment, and police said they are not releasing preliminary autopsy results for Williams.

1. rik

I'd say it is going to be mostly cloudy for him a while.

September 8, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. gunther

Im still back on, snorting drugs and drinking, and the guy still has a job to go back too?

September 8, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. steve

I wonder what the meteorologist was doing with his friend before he realized the guy was dead.

September 8, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Benny

I was picturing a few scenes out of "Aliens"... Namely when the drone grabs the guy by the head and extends it's "tongue" THROUGH the humans head...

"...and found Williams' body in the tub with blood pooling around his head..."

September 8, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mike in SA

Reading some of the comments here one comes to realize that idiots will say anything as long as they have the anonymity of the internet to hide them as they play with themselves in mommy and daddys basement.

September 8, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Recollections of North Hollywood c. 1986

test

September 8, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Larry

Only a gay would discover a dead body, run like a biatch and then vomit! as in What the F??

September 8, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Recollections of North Hollywood c. 1986

1.) The FBI reports that over 2,000 American children go missing each day. This story that I'm about to tell shows what I suspect is happening to many of them. 2.) The details that I will be giving would be more than apparent to you if this were a video post, so kindly refrain from calling me racist. ty

September 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tickers

with three willies in a hot tub someones gonna get hurt!!

September 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Will

Don't criticize these men. It's just their "lifestyle"!

September 8, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • flower12

LOL!

September 8, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Recollections of North Hollywood c. 1986

2.) About 15 years ago, while touring Hollywood, I visited N. Hollyood...kind of off the beaten path, to see what most tourists do not. (yes, I tried this in Compton too, and recieved my due mugging)

September 8, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Barrens Chatter

Well all I have to say is that I won't be able to watch the news weather forecasts without laughing anymore. For those of you lambasting everybody for making jokes about this, I'd say you guys need to just chill. Think about it... how more ridiculous can it be? 2 nekkid men in a tub with lots of drugs and several sheep are involved.... whoa.... that is way worse!

September 8, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Recollections of North Hollywood c. 1986

3.) I needed more film for my trust Nikon F1, and so stopped at a camera store. The sign on the door told me that the store should have been open for over an hour.

September 8, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. betsythegreat

...that's quite a hangover...

September 8, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kelly

Yeah, this is real news. Because the friends and families and parties involved needed to be internationally embarrassed. I hope if I ever die in a strange way, people make a joke of my passing. I don't want to be remembered well. I want to be the butt of poop jokes (get it, butt?) and gay slander. You all need to get a life.

September 8, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

If you want to be "remembered well" you should also live well. Performing debauched (3 naked men in a hot tub) and illegal (drug "snorting") acts is likely not a path to living well. As evidenced by this story.

September 8, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

kelly, don't be such a baby. cnn wouldn't have put this on here if they didn't want you to laugh about it.

September 8, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bo

Life is full of choices....and we ulitmately pay the consequences for those choices in some way. These dudes made some bad choices and now they are on cnn.com. Such is life....

September 8, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Recollections of North Hollywood c. 1986 (cont)

...this is impossible. I will post this story now on one of chrissy's "roads less travelled"...another one of todays CNN stories with less traffick. toodles

September 8, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Logic101

"How do you know they were gay?"

As a straight male, you might get into a hot tub with another male, however, you would not get in the tub naked. And you would not be wearing a "collar". Any gay person out there willing to bet me $1000 that these people were straight, please speak up.

There is a number people need to keep in mind when reading reports like this. That number is 30. There are 30 times more straight people than gay people. Shouldn't there be 30 times more reports like this involving straight people? Doesn't seem to be the case. There is a lesson in there somewhere.

September 8, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • paintpaintpaint

I don't know what 'logic' needs to be applied here. More compassion, I would think. But you, I am guessing, need to say in a forum that you are 'better' than those people... so ... OK. We are aware that you say that. Now go do something productive.

September 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angus001

Yes. The lesson to be learned here is to not let taking some tasteful photographs of tow men that love each other get out of hand.

September 8, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Logic101

Interesting. Lets show compassion to the people who used so much booze and drugs that one of them died and two were in a stupor to the extent that they did not notice that one was dying.
      Not any different to me than parents who use drugs and booze and let their kids die. I have no compassion for them either.

September 8, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |