September 10th, 2011

Warships free hostage taken from yacht off Yemen

Warships stopped a suspected pirate skiff Saturday and rescued a crew member of a French yacht that sent a distress call this week off the coast of Yemen, officials said.

A helicopter located the yacht after the Thursday night distress call, but an inspection found no one on board.

Two vessels, one French and the other Spanish, trailed the skiff and ordered it to stop, according to European Naval Force Somalia. All of the suspects were detained.

Another yacht crew member was believed to have been killed when the suspects boarded the vessel, the naval force said in a statement.

The skiff sank during Saturday's operation, but neither the hostage nor the suspected pirates were harmed, officials said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: France • Pirates • Yemen
  1. raven

Good morning everybody. I can see Russia from my own back yard.

September 11, 2011 at 4:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Ernie D

Are you announcing that you are running for Pres?

September 11, 2011 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sarah Palin

So can I.

September 11, 2011 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  3. Michelle Bachmann

I can't see Russia from my backyard, but I have a good chance to be the next presidential candidate for the GOP. I am woman,hear me roar!

September 11, 2011 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jimmy Carter

I'm thinking of making a come back for the White House. If I decide to put my hat in the ring,I'm sure to be President Carter again.

September 11, 2011 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  5. G. W. Bush

All I can say is that if I were still president, these pirates would all be detained and water boarded. It would serve them right. I'd make them walk the plank too.

September 11, 2011 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. Obama

Don't start George. You're just sore because we got OBL on my clock and not yours.

September 11, 2011 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
  7. Michelle Obama

Honey, you're still at the computer? Turn off the computer,throw out the trash, feed the dog and then come back to bed. You might be Commander in Chief, but not with me you're not.

September 11, 2011 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
  8. ruffnutt

it's always nice to know that white people will always be safe and other white people will have my back no matter where i got weather it be downtown or somalia

September 11, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  9. Percy Jn Mario David

Cordolellance for the people evenement 9/11/01

September 11, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  10. RUFFNUTT © ( 15th lvl warrior and pontiac engine builder and lover of widowed elves )

does anyone here think a 1986 monte carlo is a bpc? = black people car.. i dont think so... i just think they are sweet..

September 11, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  11. RuffNutt

Give it a rest fakey troll eat this .......(_)(_)::::::::DK

September 11, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT © ( 15th lvl warrior and pontiac engine builder and lover of widowed elves )

you little fake dick suckers eat this (_)(_):::::::::::::::::::D

September 11, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  12. gung hoe

I m with you ruffie on the monty Bout the only thing better is same year regal

September 11, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |

my father in law has a 87 buick gran national..6800 miles.. i'd buy it from him but he wants 30k... also he let it sit so long the gas tank needs replaced.. the fuel got gummed up..

September 11, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  13. RUFFNUTT © ( 15th lvl warrior and pontiac engine builder and lover of widowed elves )

i'm saveing up and this is what i want... 86-87-88 monte ss .. black maroon interior , 305ho , tinted windows.. maybe put some nice wheels on it..
    my old monte had a set of buick gnx wheels..

September 11, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  14. gung hoe

Come on C N N THESE THREADS ARE GETTING OLD

September 11, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |

agreed.. they will post some more soon... hopefully it will be an amazing weather story about it raining somewhere..

September 11, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. RuffNutt

Hey fakey...my dad had an 88 GTO. Lick my pair (_)(_)::::::::::::d_i_c_k:::::::::::::

September 11, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |

@fakenutt they didnt have a 88gto dick eater...

September 11, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |