September 10th, 2011

Warships free hostage taken from yacht off Yemen

Warships stopped a suspected pirate skiff Saturday and rescued a crew member of a French yacht that sent a distress call this week off the coast of Yemen, officials said.

A helicopter located the yacht after the Thursday night distress call, but an inspection found no one on board.

Two vessels, one French and the other Spanish, trailed the skiff and ordered it to stop, according to European Naval Force Somalia. All of the suspects were detained.

Another yacht crew member was believed to have been killed when the suspects boarded the vessel, the naval force said in a statement.

The skiff sank during Saturday's operation, but neither the hostage nor the suspected pirates were harmed, officials said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: France • Pirates • Yemen
  1. layminisiter herman

Agreed with you gung and fake ruffie if you dont have better to do patton or buzzkill at least watch your mouth

September 11, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  2. layminisiter herman

@gung hoe hey yesterday when you was over you said you was goin fishin do any good

September 11, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. FAKE DICK LOVING TROLL

I went fishing for dick and caught a black momba in my mouth

September 11, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  4. FAKE DICK LOVING TROLL

it skrimed for a bit, then it squirted some stuff and shrunk.

September 11, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  5. gung hoe

@L M Herm nope Got a call had to go do emergency repair

September 11, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  6. @RUFFNUTT

Do not feed the trolls. I'm here always, and I have my eyes on you. I totally admire your person, especially your openness and honesty. Just know that you have a friend here who knows that you would never do any of that lame-brain stuff to your that the trolls have you doing. They don't know squat about GTO's and they don't know squat about you, or they wouldn't be trolling you. They would be posting something along my lines. They would be patting you on the back and they would be enjoying your posts as I do. 🙂 (these feelings have been brought to you courtesy of banasy. My usual words have chunks of iron in them. Her magnet magnet pulls them out, and this is what's left-over. (shrug)

September 11, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. @RUFFNUTT

...lame brain stuff to your car. If you told them trolls about notching your cylinders 'cuzz it's stroked, they would be reminded to go play with themselves. he he

September 11, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT ( 15TH LVL WARRIOR & KARATE INSTRUCTER FOR COPS )

lol.. just wait till incometax time... im going to be strokeing my 428..

September 11, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  8. RUFFNUTT ( 15TH LVL WARRIOR & KARATE INSTRUCTER FOR COPS )

MY dad bought a 64 gto one time... he traded a sd455 pontiac motor for it..
    it looked realnice..
    it came with extra parts..
    lots of extra parts tha were nice in the trunk..
    when he got home and opened the trunk he unloaded the extra parts..
    he figured, "i'll sell the extra parts and make a little money"
    when he got to the bottom and all the parts were removed..
    he took the carpet out that the parts were resting on..
    and guess what.. " no floor " none.. all gone..
    all you could see was ground and the top of the gastank...

September 11, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. @RUFFNUTT

I'll never forget the day one of my older brothers came home driving a near-new 1965 goat. I was just a boy...and the side emblems denoting engine size using the litre instead of cubes are literally stuck in my mind...man I remember that emblem, that car. 🙂

September 11, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. @RUFFNUTT

Yeah...they were rust-buckets for sure. My uncles have a '64 sitting next to an old lambing shed. (we ran 5,000 head of sheep, and when we all began to go into the oilfield for a living, we just started piling stuff up all over the ranch. Especially old or curious automobiles. the place is a frikken' museum man. Fom a '72 Pinto with 17K orig. miles (grammas old car. rip granny) to an old Massey-F'son tractor with multi-power. In one barn there's my old '69 Vette fully restored, a '55 Nomad with a crushed roof, and '72 Formula 400 bird. Man RUFFNUTT... you oughtta see this place.

September 11, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. about that '72 bird

My aunt is an retired nurse...like she nursed for over 40 years straight. And she was always buying cool rides...she would get bored with them, and go buy a new one. My uncle would keep each car rather than trading it in. My other uncle was also into cars, but when he came home from 'Nam he stopped. He hardly left the ranch for years after he made it home alive. He didn't even go fishing with me for like 10 years. His old '69 Charger is parked under the lambing shed about 20 ft. from the '64 goat. Anyway, when my aunt bought herself a new Jaguar XJ-13, I got the bird. he he. It had two hood scoops, and I added an T/A sccop. (shrug) Kinda corny, but I was raised on corn. he he. That '72 really handled great. A lot better than my '69 Vette even though I had gymkana suspension on the Vette. It was an LT-1 350/350 hp. and was pretty fast, but it lied to go straight in corners...the front end would wash-out if you were on the throttle in a tight corner. I envy you RUFFNUTT.

September 11, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. about that '69 Vette

I traded-in my '67 Nova plus 5,600 bucks for the vette. I added fender flares, and blue and red stripes painted down it's white body. It looked like a flag waving in the wind. It looked stupid with stard size tires and wheels, so I had BFG T/A 50s all four.It looked good, but handling suffered...

September 11, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. RuffNutt (15LVL WARRIOR & KARATE INSTRUCTOR FOR COPS)

I gotta go to the can man. I have a portable in the back seat of my camero.

September 11, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. get yer ass back here Ruffie

...and don't try this next story at home kids.(you too Ruff) I used to cruise my Vette along North ave. I'd pull-up next to a carload of girls, roll my window down, and lean-out as if to hit on them. They would roll their windows down, and I would say "Did someonfart in your car too?" And then peel-out...really lighting them up. Both road hides and girls. Have you ever done anything like that Ruff?

September 11, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. RuffNutt (15LVL WARRIOR & KARATE INSTRUCTOR FOR COPS)

I need to go wax my red camaro...maybe fakey will get off line when I come back. Here fakey eat mine:::::::::(_)(_)""""""""DI::::CK::::::::

September 11, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |