September 12th, 2011

Monday's live events

Eight GOP presidential candidates gather in Florida tonight for the CNN/Tea Party debate.  CNN.com Live is your home for all your debate coverage.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - Romney in South Carolina - Before heading to Florida for the CNN/Tea Party debate, GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney talks labor relations at a Boeing plant in South Carolina.

12:00 pm ET - White House briefing - President Obama's jobs plan will likely top Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps.

6:00 pm ET - Congress remembers 9/11 attacks - Lawmakers take a break from partisan bickering to remember the victims of the 9/11 attacks.

8:00 pm ET - CNN/Tea Party debate - Eight Republican presidential candidates gather in Tampa, Florida, for a debate on the issues.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Politics
  1. Khrys

I know what I WON'T be watching today....

September 12, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. RUFFNUTT (axle rose impersonater )

I WISH the tea party debate was at 8 am... i can't wait till 8pm...

September 12, 2011 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. RUFFNUTT (axle rose impersonater)

I like to watch dancing with the stars...problem is there are no stars..

September 12, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT (axle rose impersonater )

good mourning fakey... ready for you breakfast? (_)(_):::::::::::::D

September 12, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

@Khrys:
    Word.

Good morning, Ruffie.
    Ready to do battle, I see.
    Personally, I think you have two or more trolls.

September 12, 2011 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@Ruffie:
    Long and thin, are you?

September 12, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  6. gung hoe

I still say c n n hosting a tea party debate is like sending the klan to a black panther birthday party

September 12, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  7. gung hoe

My goodness banasy little personal dont you think

September 12, 2011 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

@gung hoe:
    I could't resist.
    Lmao!
    Well, it *is* there for all to see....

September 12, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Gung hoe, you gave my first laugh-out-loud moment of the day!

September 12, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. Scottish Mama

Is Fox news going to give one to the republicans? Or did I miss it? I try to sit thru it gung. When I see the seniors scraping to get buy and they want to cut SS or eliminate it. It makes my stomach turn. Then I see that no new fair share taxes to the wealthy have been made, you know who owns our government. A government owned is a middle class nightmare. If the government touches the seniors, and not the banks again and rich, I believe there will be trouble and for the republicans it will be double. This new committee is a damage control commitee for both. We are all watching.
    (@)-(@) lol How's that ruffie for a first try? They're glasses if they stink.lol

September 12, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. Scottish Mama

Banasy lol.

September 12, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Mama, they look more like boobies, lol!

September 12, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  13. Scottish Mama

Oh k, all our minds going to the gutter today. lol

September 12, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  14. Scottish Mama

I see a theme running thru the threads today and I am no prophet.

September 12, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

Lol, Scottish Mama...maybe it's just me...

September 12, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |