Gotta Watch: The end of 'Kate Plus 8'
TLC's "Kate Plus 8" series ended Monday night.
September 13th, 2011

Gotta Watch: The end of 'Kate Plus 8'

TLC's "Kate Plus 8" may not have been as epic as, say, "M*A*S*H" or "Seinfeld," but we certainly won't forget it. The six-year-old series, which was called "Jon and Kate Plus 8" until Kate Gosselin and her husband divorced and he was fired from the show, came to an end Monday night. Today, Gotta Watch looks back at Kate's advice to "Octomom" Nadia Suleman, the Gosselin's ugly custody war and Kate's short-lived stint on "Dancing With the Stars."

Advice to 'Octomom' - If you mention Kate Gosselin and Nadia Suleman in the same sentence nowadays, it may seem like a setup to a joke. But, not so long ago, we actually asked Gosselin what advice she'd give the so-called "Octomom" when Suleman's kids were born.

Kate's dancing shoes - Kate's appearance on "Dancing With the Stars" fired up fans and critics alike, but it also stoked the 4-alarm inferno that was her custody battle with ex-husband, Jon.

He said, she said - We had a ringside seat to some of the lowest lows in Jon and Kate's shattered relationship. Here, Jon reads a private email from Kate on camera and Kate cuts short Jon's visit with the kids on their birthday.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Dance • Showbiz • TV
  1. Scottish Mama

I'm first!!!!

September 13, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  2. RUFFNUTT (ELF SLAYER & PURPLE KUSH SMOKER , )

kate doesnt look to bad.. if she want's kate plus nine she should come over and we can goto the drive inn in my camaro..

September 13, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. RUFFNUTT (ELF SLAYER & PURPLE KUSH SMOKER , )

Lame fakey... Kate is so cool. I'll buy her dinner at Micky Ds if she waxes my camero.

September 13, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

@fakey.. you can't wax a flat black car...

September 13, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jim

I'll forget it just like I'll forget all the other reality cr@p programming that's on tv.

September 13, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • sae6286

No kidding! Reality TV sucks........probably why I watch more on Travel Channel, Food Network, HGTV, and TCM.

September 13, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Matt

I had already forgotten about this drivel. Thanks for bringing it up again.

September 13, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. frommass

Good riddance to this sow.

September 13, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jim

I am devistated by this news. This was one of the few truly wonderful shows on television. I especially loved when she met with Sarah Palin. Thank goodness I DVRed many of the episodes.

September 13, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jim

America is really going down hill. First they cancelled my soap operas and now this. I thought Obama was supposed to make things better.

September 13, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. TERRIE L

I may just quit watching TV altogether. I am POed big time. What is our tax money being spent on anyways? Our government should support quality family entertainment like this.

September 13, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bart

Please is it finalllllllly over. Let the Gosslin family have real life and take care of themselves without camera crew being part of life. It cannot be good for children having to be in front of camera most of the day. And let the B____ (Kate) take care of her kids without the media or money from TLC. Reality time Kate

September 13, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. pedro

I agree with you TERRIE L. You said it all. Oprah going off the air. Longtime soaps being cancelled. etc. I feel it is getting close to the end times. Being both hispanic and practicing Mormon I am getting prepaired.

September 13, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • brathead

Right, because soap operas have good values for our children! Get a life idiot!

September 13, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dawn

Thank GOD that show is over, that woman is horrible!

September 13, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. scott

her husband was such a loser and still is

September 13, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Howard

Kate's no prize herself. She's come off as a self-absorbed, attention-hungry woman who emasculate a bull if it stayed in the room with her long enough. After we've seen what Jon had to put up with in her, he might be forgiven for going overboard once he got his freedom. Unfortunately, after all is said and done, the 8 kids are still stuck with their loser of a Mother.

September 13, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stpn2me

Jon was the only sane part of the show. It died when he left, if they both had any sense, they would have stayed together for the sake of the show....

September 13, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. BobZemko

The series is ending? There is a God.

September 13, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Bernie

i never knew that dude was asian. he dishonor my peep-u-lu

September 13, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |