Gotta Watch: The end of 'Kate Plus 8'
TLC's "Kate Plus 8" series ended Monday night.
September 13th, 2011

Gotta Watch: The end of 'Kate Plus 8'

TLC's "Kate Plus 8" may not have been as epic as, say, "M*A*S*H" or "Seinfeld," but we certainly won't forget it. The six-year-old series, which was called "Jon and Kate Plus 8" until Kate Gosselin and her husband divorced and he was fired from the show, came to an end Monday night. Today, Gotta Watch looks back at Kate's advice to "Octomom" Nadia Suleman, the Gosselin's ugly custody war and Kate's short-lived stint on "Dancing With the Stars."

Advice to 'Octomom' - If you mention Kate Gosselin and Nadia Suleman in the same sentence nowadays, it may seem like a setup to a joke. But, not so long ago, we actually asked Gosselin what advice she'd give the so-called "Octomom" when Suleman's kids were born.

Kate's dancing shoes - Kate's appearance on "Dancing With the Stars" fired up fans and critics alike, but it also stoked the 4-alarm inferno that was her custody battle with ex-husband, Jon.

He said, she said - We had a ringside seat to some of the lowest lows in Jon and Kate's shattered relationship. Here, Jon reads a private email from Kate on camera and Kate cuts short Jon's visit with the kids on their birthday.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Dance • Showbiz • TV
  1. Steve

I I can't wait until this whole Gosslin thing is done with. Its such trash.....absolute crap TV.

September 13, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • BobZemko

I could not agree more.

September 13, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

I agree trailer trash!!

September 13, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad

Amen

September 13, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. JAZZZZZZ

I am so upset I feel sick to my stomach. Taking this good show off the air is just alot of Tea Party mumbo jumbo. Will you marry me Banasy my darling?

September 13, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Larry

Thank God this show is over. Now she can take her gargantuan ego somewhere else.

September 13, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • BobZemko

Now if TLC would just can their other shows, especially the reality shows with the little people. It's like a sideshow.

September 13, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. midogs2

Kate will attempt to have the reruns syndicated. She's gotta feed that herd some way.

September 13, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. TO THE WRITER OF THIS ARTICLE!!!!

"The six-year-old series, which was called "Jon and Kate Plus 8" until Kate Gosselin and her husband divorced and he was fired from the show, came to an end Monday night."

What kind of terrible writing is that? You have 3 different subjects you tried to cram into 1 sentance by simply adding a comma.

This is what you should have typed:
    The show was called "Jon and Kate Plus 8" until Kate Gosselin and her husband divorced. Shortly after thier divorce John was fired from the show. The show was then renamed "Kate Plus 8". The combined show's six-year-old series run came to an end Monday night.

September 13, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex

I think you have too much time on your hands. Take your superior writing ability and do something truly useful with it.

September 13, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • glass houses

nice attempt......but....this is what you typed...."Shortly after thier divorce". I so wish you spelled "their" correctly.

September 13, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • David in Corpus

I imagine it is very hard being you. You straighten all the pictures in other people's houses and complain that they don't see the importance in it.
      Are you an artist type? They tend to be OCD and unable to truly empathize with others and their way of doing things (differently than your way that is).
      How frustrating it must be to be the only truly 'correct' and 'right' person amongst all us idiots. I would pray for you, but I doubt you believe in God as he couldn't possibly be right as you.

September 13, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • lauren

'their" – think "the" & "ire" as in: "I can't get over the ire I feel towards those who spell "their" incorrectly!

"sentence" – as in "Ed energentically elbowed everyone every Easter" – is a sentence with all E's.

September 13, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • chyrd

It's funny to me, that you took the time to write about proper grammar, but misspelled "their," and "sentence." What is even more mind boggling, is that there is a spell check within most browsers. Next time shut your trap.

September 13, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • lauren

"their" – think "the" & "ire" as in: I can't get over the ire I feel towards those who spell "their" incorrectly!

"sentence" – as in: "Ed energetically elbows everyone every Easter" is a sentence with all E's

September 13, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill Ross

Well, I think you should stop living with your Mom, but you don't see me making a big deal of it.

September 13, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • GrammarError

* their

September 13, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • tj

Wow are you an english teacher? You are so wasting my time.

September 13, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norm

I love your SENTANCES!

September 13, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jlsppw

I am so sick of hearing & seeing this pig-faced B of a woman! No matter how many times you make-over the pig, it's always going to be a pig! CNN how about you find some news to report on... And NO I didn't read the story, just want to express how sicking this s*** reporting is!

September 13, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tea Party Express

She's a danger to her children, the kids need to be taken to a church because the priests know how to "handle" small children.

September 13, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mike

I think a more appropriate send-off would be to put both John and Kate in a rocket and launch it right into the sun.

September 13, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • peanut

If you told them it was a new reality show they would both smile the entire ride.

September 13, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • tj

Very Nice

September 13, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dan

Just some more reality TV roadkill. Like I don't have enough drama in my life already.

September 13, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • David in Corpus

No joke homie!! Talk about voluntarily throwing yourself under the bus.
      Notice how none of them seem to have any money left at the end of the ride.
      Nothing redemable about putting yourself out their for America to digest.
      I had to be on tv once for my job. Within a month 3 different people (nutjobs) hit me up in the grocery store like I was someone important.
      I quit the job and enjoy total obscurity. I get P O'd just running into someone I know from work on the weekends much less some fkn loser american I don't know from atom talking to me like we know each other. People suck.

September 13, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sokman

She'll have a 'Throw Things At Me, I Just Want The Attention' booth at your local state fair by next year.

September 13, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joe Blow

All I have to say is A.M.F. !! I hope we never see your face again!

September 13, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. dawn

Thank God it will be over. The whining, the tantrums, the fit throwing. How do those kids put up with Kate?

September 13, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Alex

I do hope this is her swan song. She claims to want to remain on TV, but I for one would never watch her again. She is just not a pleasant or interesting woman. I also shudder to think that she was once a critical care nurse. Can you imagine that shrew taking care of you? I do wish her eight children all the best. They will need it having a mother like that.

September 13, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • dawn

I had the same thought when I heard she had been a nurse.

September 13, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Super J

Her and Cindy Anthony both.

Hey, now there's an idea...

September 13, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. cleatus

no time to watch this p.o.s., i'm watching hillbilly hand fishin'. yee-haw!!

September 13, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • David in Corpus

Ah the show that no matter how many times I pass it channel surfing, people are standing in rust brown water up to their necks waiting for something to happen.

September 13, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Yucaipadave

Get this lady off the air. Kate needs to stop using her kids to make a living for her. Enough is enough.

September 13, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |