Gotta Watch: The end of 'Kate Plus 8'
TLC's "Kate Plus 8" series ended Monday night.
September 13th, 2011

Gotta Watch: The end of 'Kate Plus 8'

TLC's "Kate Plus 8" may not have been as epic as, say, "M*A*S*H" or "Seinfeld," but we certainly won't forget it. The six-year-old series, which was called "Jon and Kate Plus 8" until Kate Gosselin and her husband divorced and he was fired from the show, came to an end Monday night. Today, Gotta Watch looks back at Kate's advice to "Octomom" Nadia Suleman, the Gosselin's ugly custody war and Kate's short-lived stint on "Dancing With the Stars."

Advice to 'Octomom' - If you mention Kate Gosselin and Nadia Suleman in the same sentence nowadays, it may seem like a setup to a joke. But, not so long ago, we actually asked Gosselin what advice she'd give the so-called "Octomom" when Suleman's kids were born.

Kate's dancing shoes - Kate's appearance on "Dancing With the Stars" fired up fans and critics alike, but it also stoked the 4-alarm inferno that was her custody battle with ex-husband, Jon.

He said, she said - We had a ringside seat to some of the lowest lows in Jon and Kate's shattered relationship. Here, Jon reads a private email from Kate on camera and Kate cuts short Jon's visit with the kids on their birthday.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Dance • Showbiz • TV
  1. Caroline

I've never watch that show... she is so annoying...
    I'm still glad it's over, enough with those reality crappy shows.

September 13, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. HYCE

THIS JUST IN................

WHO.................

CARES..............

September 13, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Max in NY

Does this disgust anyone else? I mean 8 kids is sick. What small minded animals....just breed and don't worry about over population/polluting.

September 13, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. DDski

Thank goodness this is done. Whoever hires her to do ANY show is out of their mind. She is self centered and egotistical... she destroyed her husband and her marriage by degrading her husband ... She needs therapy BIG TIME!!

September 13, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Pookebear

Both of them are a piece of work. I feel sorry for the kids

September 13, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Rachel Moore

One common thread in the reality shows is the damage done to families after it is too late. The people who will suffer the most as they grow into adults are the innocent children. Kate needs to downsize her lifestyle and raise the kids without malice and her terrible temper. Her hatred is for Jon who got away before he was completely destroyed by her.

September 13, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Lesli

This woman should not be offered anymore TV opportunities. I find it disturbing and absurd that she's making the rounds on TV to discuss her show being cancelled. I've only seen her on clip shows (like The Soup) but she strikes me as a nasty, mean-spirited shrew. That kind of behavior should not be tolerated and certainly not rewarded.

September 13, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your Mother

YAY The Soup! You know what Kate should have done is cook Jon that chicken tetrazini...

September 13, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Bob

THANK GOD! Can't believe the amount of crap they put on T.V. nowdays. I've never watched it but have seen and read a LOT about it and frankly it is just plain DUMB!

September 13, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Marina

I'm so glad this show is over. I always found her very annoying and just so full of herself.

September 13, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Your Mother

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Now how will I occupy the time I don't spend buying and improperly discarding of disposable crap and commenting on fluff CNN pieces?!?!?!

September 13, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mike

https://www.facebook.com/BoycottRealityTV is the place to go to voice your opinion about Reality TV...

September 13, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. JustMe

The only problem with the end of this show is they will find something even more disgusting to fill the void in the schedule. Dear TV Producers – You are creating crap.

September 13, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. just me again

The only way I'd watch this garbage is if thgey gauranteed Kate would die at the end! (and a horrible painful death that equals the excrutiating pain she's put all of us through)

September 13, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • BobZemko

When does that one air? I'm SO there !!!

September 13, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. pokerplayer

I think she's hot

September 13, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Raquel

Dipping lower than low to have such a program on TV, exposing the kids so kate can expose her annoying and disturbed self admiring WHO? Money, money, money but why should some be rewarded for such families while others are starving and the programs wouldn't turn a penny to help THEM. Ratings? What a bust!

September 13, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |