September 14th, 2011

Wednesday's live events

CNN.com Live is the place to be for all of the latest news and views from the 2012 presidential election.

Today's programming highlights...

10:25 am ET - Perry goes back to school - GOP presidential candidate Gov. Rick Perry speaks to students on the campus of Liberty University in Virginia.

11:00 am ET - Future of Social Security briefing - House and Senate lawmakers unveil legislation they say will keep Social Security safe for another 75 years.

11:00 am ET - Latin Grammy nominations - Find out who's up for a trophy for the 12th Annual Latin Grammy Awards.

12:55 pm ET - Obama pitches jobs in N. Carolina - Like Gov. Rick Perry, President Obama is also going back to school today.  The president heads to the campus of North Carolina State University to discuss his jobs plan.

5:00 pm ET - Romney's Arizona town hall - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney holds a town hall-style meeting in Sun Lakes, Arizona.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Politics
  1. J Rice

I live in Texas. I am a working US citizen. I couldn't get my desired classes this semester. Perry supports only issues that get him the popular vote or donations he is not consistent nor does he make much sense. An example is cutting firefighters funding in a drought and by some 30 percent.

September 14, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mr President

Vote for me and I will print more money and give it to Texas for the firefighters. our kids can pay for it later. Vote Democratic

September 14, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. gung hoe

Iam not to sure about your statement about being here for latest news Could have more news more blogs in my view

September 14, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  4. Scottish Mama

These boots were made for walkin', that's just what they'll do, one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you. da da da duh (22 pairs) keep walkin

September 14, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  5. Scottish Mama

I have an idea for SS, stop robbing it.

September 14, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  6. Scottish Mama

I thought the republicans would choose Romney.

September 14, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  7. Scottish Mama

I feel so faint all of a sudden.

September 14, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Not me.

September 14, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Scottish Mama

You are not creating jobs if you steal them from a neighboring state,(Ark)

September 14, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Y DOESN'T CNN GO GET REAL SOLID ANSWERS?

GO BACK TO TREE HANGING

September 14, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bunga-bunga

THIS DOES'NT maKE ANY SENSE. ROMNEY, OBAMA, CAPITOL HILL.THE SENATE,CONGRESS AND THE WHITE HOUSE THEY ALL GOING TO DO WHAT THEY WANT.WHY VOTE?? AT THE END OF THE DAY, THEY ALL GOING TO DO FOR THEM AND THEIR FAMILY. LALALALALAL

September 14, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. the language arts curiculum

I've recently been looking for exactly this information. While I was intending to find this content I am truly astonished that your blog was so easy to locate and how it completely when compared with my personal experience.

September 29, 2011 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |