6.6-magnitude quake hits Japan
September 16th, 2011

6.6-magnitude quake hits Japan

A 6.6-magnitude earthquake struck Saturday morning near the east coast of Japan's main island of Honshu, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The quake happened at 4:26 a.m. local time, about 67 miles (108 kilometers) east-southeast of Hachinohe, Japan, according to the USGS.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Earthquake • Japan • Natural Disasters
  1. metoo

hey rim, youre a fing idiot

September 16, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. dennis

Thanks to matt for the first lucid and explanatory comment.

September 16, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

You're welcome!

September 16, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dane

Releasing gases into the environment can heat the planet and cause seismic events. I have reproduced this on a much smaller scale. How? I f@rted and my chair shook a little and there was slight increase in temperature in the immediate area.

September 16, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott in Ohio

But did the Earth move?

September 16, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dane

I have yet to cause the earth to move but I have caused my wife to move into the next room.

September 16, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Scott in Ohio

Michelle Bachmann here- I have a new vaccine to stop all these natural disasters like floods, hurricanes, earthquakes and the like. To get your free sample of my new elixir, simply get down on your knees and swear your allegiance to MY god (not your god) and send $25 to help eradicate gay people from our shores. Remember- my god is angry, and he's looking at YOU.

September 16, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • jeanne

hahahah...precious!

September 16, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Teabags

The teabaggers probably think its comets, or haarp, aliens or something retardes

September 16, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. when

cajr Good post.

September 16, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. joe

i think boehner and am radio friends have done quite a bit of damage to our country, but somehow it just keeps on going without them

September 16, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. when

Whole lotta shakin goin on!

September 16, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. MLK

RIm-It's too bad I don't know you personally I would be happy to send you to your god, but you would never know because you would return to the nothingness from which you came. Everyone weak person needs their crutch.

September 16, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Japan has bee through so much this year already...how much more can tgat country take?

September 16, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Oops, sorry...*been* through so much.

September 16, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. RonPaul2012

9.9-magnitude is cooler!

September 16, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Comments4u

What if they don't have earth Quake Insurance Ron? Are you just going to let them die? Americans better start paying some more taxes to help out.

September 16, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

That

September 16, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Hasselhoff

come on give us 10.0 megaquake!

September 16, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. NCSouthernBelle

Do you guys really not realize rim was being sarcastic?

September 16, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |