September 16th, 2011

Somalia worst for child mortality, U.N. agency says

Somalia now has the world's highest  mortality rate for children under the age of five, according to new data  released by the UN Inter-agency Group for Child Mortality Estimation.

"Somalia's child mortality rate in 2010, stood at 180 deaths per 1,000 live births which now ranks worst in the world," the United Nations Children's Fund said in a media statement.

Post by:
Filed under: Health • Somalia
  1. Old Man w/no TV

Time to skidaddle. I feel the troll(s) coming online. You folks have yourselves a very F.I.N.E. day. (F'ed-up, Insecure, Neurotic, Emotional) Go feed a Somali child so you fell good about what your greed is doing to them. Bassterds all.

September 16, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. Pressley

jamie bond=Beaver Cleaver

Old Man w/no TV=Mr. Curmudgeon who watches tv on the internet

September 16, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. @Stupid Old Man

Why should I feel guilty about something I have no control over? Moron.

September 16, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  4. if the shoe fits...

...looks like a couple are wearing it now.

September 16, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  5. Ignoramus

I have no control over how much food I eat. I have no control over how much gasoline I waste. I have no control over what i feed my mimd. etc etc etc etc etc

September 16, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. Somalia's wealth

If Somalians were allowed access to thei own natural resources, they would be among the wealthiest peoples on plantet earth, if not THE wealthiest per-capita. But Somalian citizens are denied access. Only their crooked leaders and the ones rayping them of their oil are rich. Get a clue. There is much we can do about this. But YOU would rather have that oil for your SUV. And YOU would rather couch-potato TV and feel sorry for Somalians. Take your "christian" relief fund that soothes your shamefull mind and shove it up your ass. Greedy bassterds.

September 16, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. Old Man w/no TV

And don't forget to take YOUR* mind-numbing meds. Yeah YOU*. (*a maericans do spend more on consiounce killing mind-alering drugs than they do on National Defense. This is a factual statistic that only you ignoramuses argue) let's see who focuses-in on misspelled words here while ignoring this message...identifying themselves for all to see just how ignore-ant they really are.

September 16, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Imports

IF African citizens were worth more than African oil, YOU greedy bassterds would still be importing slaves. YOUR ignorance is so very overwhelming.

September 16, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. King of the Blahgs

All challenges accepted. If anyone can prove my above posts wrong...fire away. Until then, keep on keeping your mouths shut.

September 16, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Moe

You've talked about 14 different things here, ass hole. You've also taken over this entire topic. W t f do you want people to talk about first? Yeah, keep on insulting people. That'll open the dialog right up. Phucktard.

September 16, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

@Multi-Philip:

Pick one thing...just one topic...to discuss, and I will try to discuss it.
    This is like asking someone to discuss an encyclopedia...
    I can't do it.

September 16, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Also, please provide this greedy bassterd with some solutions to Somalia's plight.
    Since I'm such a big part of the problem and all.
    I can stop eating, quit taking the medicines that help keep me alive, hock my engagement ring, and stop driving my motorhome a block down the street to pick up some milk.
    What else can I do to stop the rayping and pillaging?
    I realize I'm being facetious, but really, what is the answer?

September 16, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. BOND, JAMES

Kill them all!!!

September 16, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

*Facepalm*™

September 16, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. you can't handle the (ultimate) truth

...but by the time I'm done tearing down ya'lls wall of ignorance, you will be able to see it for yourself. Solution to Somalia? Intstead of pushing Uncle Sam to go out and get more stuff for you, push him to stop. Use what voice you have and say 'we know what you are up to Sam...and we don't hold it agin ya. Please just stop allowing Somalia to be rayped...if that means we pay a penny more for gas, so be it. It's going to happen anyway...I'm just inviting you all to get-in on the basement floor so-to-speak. Look into these things for yourself and stop believing it just cuzz it's on TV or just because it's reported here. Call 'em on their BS and they'll at least slow down feeding it. And I'm not looking to change everyones way of thinking. My goal is 30...and I'm looking for No. 22.

September 16, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |