Police: Parishioners tackle gunman
September 18th, 2011

Police: Parishioners tackle gunman

Parishioners at a Lakeland, Florida, church tackled a gunman who allegedly shot the pastor and associate pastor on Sunday, holding the suspect until police arrived, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said.

Jeremiah Fogel, 57, was taken into custody following the incident at the Greater Faith Christian Church, the sheriff's office said in a statement. Fogel is also suspected of shooting another person, who died, at a residence before going to the church, police said.

Pastor William Boss and associate pastor Carl Stewart were being treated at Lakeland Regional Medical Center.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • U.S.
  1. RUFFNUTT ( ELF SLAYER & TURKEY HUNTER )

Jeremiah Fogel, 57, was most likely to be older.. it would be wierd if the prist molested a older person..

September 18, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. yada

@ justathought I hear ya. It's hard to tell who's real and who's troll sometimes. I can see we just had a sick individual join us with the 2 p.m. post.

September 18, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. POLICE: Parishoners tackle Boyman

With all of the child molestaion going on in churches for decades, one would think that at least one news story where churchgoer's gang-tackled a 'holy man' as he was having his way with a boy would be told. But there are no reports of this. Ever.

September 18, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. POLICE: Parishoners tackle Boyman

Oh, I forgot. Troll's are the topic for conversation. nm. Carry on.

September 18, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

1.) When I was being molested, my young mind was not equipped to deal with being introduced to seyx at such an early age. So my mind formed an 'happy place', where I went during the course of the abusing. (cont)

September 18, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. yada

@ Yep. Not familiar with the site? Just type in CNN belief blog. You should feel right at home although they should rename it the UN belief blog.

September 18, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

2.) My 'happy place' was laying on my back in a meadow filled with alfalfa and sunflowers...all kinds of flowers. There was a giant bumble bee who would fly by and smile at me. I can still smell those flowers...still hear the buzzing of the bee. So entrenched was this natural defense mechanism all children are born with.

September 18, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

3.) I remember going to church as a boy. When it was time for the preaching to begin, all of the youngsters were sent downstairs to play with toys or listen to a lady read bible stories. Some of us even got to go play in the special room where all the best toys were!

September 18, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

4.) Sometimes the 'holy man' would even come visit me at home! One of them was my uncle. (rip) My parents were so proud to have a 'holy man' visit them. 5.) My parent's got divorced, and the churgoing ended, as did the housecalls.

September 18, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RUFFNUTT ( ELF SLAYER & TURKEY HUNTER )

they shold have chasity belts for kids at the church entrance..

September 18, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

6.) I remember playiing in the bathtub...laying on my belly and playing with my toy battleships/mock wars. I would raise and lower my hiney to make waves, so that both of my hands were free to battle; left hand holding the black ship, right hand holding the grey one.

September 18, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

7.) As I made waves, my little thingy would get hard...rahter annoying while trying to have the USS Arizona... (my grampa served on that ship)...sink a NAZI battleship. But one time, I began ejaculating from the rythmic wave-making. I smelled flowers and heard a bee buzz by in my mind. My parents could hardly keep me out of the tub after that!

September 18, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Blargh

Belief Blog...that would spare us, truly....

September 18, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Blargh

WHAT the hell is the purpose of telling us that?!???

September 18, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

8.) Standing in the firts-third grade- schoolyard as the schoolmarm tossed-out toys to the children, me and my g/f would stand behind everyone and play with each others thingys. We also had a secret place in the hollow of a bush next to the school.

September 18, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |