Police: Parishioners tackle gunman
September 18th, 2011

Police: Parishioners tackle gunman

Parishioners at a Lakeland, Florida, church tackled a gunman who allegedly shot the pastor and associate pastor on Sunday, holding the suspect until police arrived, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said.

Jeremiah Fogel, 57, was taken into custody following the incident at the Greater Faith Christian Church, the sheriff's office said in a statement. Fogel is also suspected of shooting another person, who died, at a residence before going to the church, police said.

Pastor William Boss and associate pastor Carl Stewart were being treated at Lakeland Regional Medical Center.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • U.S.
  1. Blargh

I don't believe a word you are saying, recollections. I think you are the biggest liar I've ever seen. I don't belive you. At all.

September 18, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Blargh

This is reading like a letter to penthouse...only sicker.

September 18, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jazzzzzzzz

Yup, and when some one comes knocking at your door to say your daughter or son just got rayped or worse , then and only then will you believe that that much evil exists and , it CAN happen to YOU, buddy!!!!!!! I really hope it doesn't tho

September 18, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

9.) As I aged, I became an avid masteurbator. (lit. 'self-abuser) And by the time I was 15, I had lost my virginity to an married 28 yrs old woman. Her hunny came home early one time, so I ran out the back-door naked, holding my boots and clothes in my arms. Her hubby was this big huge black man, a colonel in the army. After that, I just bedded down girls of my own age. Many many of them.

September 18, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

9.) By the time I was 20, I bought my first house. Nice place...even had a putting green in the back yard. I had all the toys...Ski Nautique boat, KZ-1000 Ltd. motorcycle, brand-new 1979 Chevy Silverado, RM-125 motocross bike, '55 Ford w/351 cleveland, thousands and thousands of dollars worth of tools, skis, golf clubs, President's raquetball and fitness center membership, guns out the wahzoo...264 Win mag w/nickle target barrel/Leupould gold band, Model 1100 trap&skeet shotgun with gold engraving, 223 mag varmint, 44 mag hogleg, etc etc etc...But I wasn't HAPPY! all the toys...all the girls, but no true happiness.

September 18, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. yada

Very sad.

September 18, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

10.) oops. I left-out the part where ny sister was gang-rayped in a mostly black HS...(our city was desegregating and the suburb kids were bussed to the inner-city HS) ...and then the black biathes beat her nearly to death. Everyone knew who did it, but it wasn't even investigated by the po po. So I devised a plan to get this news in the local paper...

September 18, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. yada

I meant the newstory is very sad. I'm with you BLARGH! CNN should put a stop to this trolls cr@p!

September 18, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

...I stalked one of the gangstas and jumped him from behind. I dug the fingers of my right hand into his eyesocket and tried to pull his eye out. Others jumped on me...but I was determined to pull that rayperist's eyeball out and eat it...to swallow it right in front of everyone. That would get some headlines. But I couldn't get the darn thing out! Anyway...I was expelled. Nothing was done about my sister. I told my step-dad he should do something. He refused, so i told him that I no longer wanted to live under his roof. He said "there's the door. don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out". I was 15. I moved to a small town where one of my older brothers lived. Finished HS and went to work travelling the world over working in the oilpatch, supplementing my ibcome by importing cocaine from Peru, where we had offshore contracts.

September 18, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

11.) This went on for many years. And my lack of happiness became major-league depression. I would break-out in tears right in the middle of spud meetings (where we all go over our drilling plans) The major oil corporation I was working for decided i needed to see a psychiatrist. So I did, and told the Dr. much of what I just told you-all. He prescribed Prozac, and i took it...but had a vilent reaction where I totalled my brand-new Camaro. So I told him to f-off and sought drug-free therapy.

September 18, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

12.) It is the years of drug-free therapy that cleared my mind. I've learned to father myself...I'm about 16 yrs. old now emotionally. I am 53 in years physically. I am about 21 or so spiritually. I've learned that many children were abused, but most do not even realize it. They are diagnosed as manic-depressive and prescribed mind-dulling drugs that keep them in their happy place.

September 18, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

finally some realism...that's was some eff up formation years...so now you just a drugged up, heartbreaker...

September 18, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Recollections of my own 'holy man' experiences

13.) If you are an avid masturbator... (self-abuser)...you are simply mimicking the abuses you experienced as a child. If you lead a promiscuous lifestyle, the same of you can be said. It is not natural to have more than one mate. And it is not going to help you solve your problems if you take mind-altering drugs of any lind. These drugs will just keep you in your own 'happy place'...even altering an entire civililizations collective 'mind' to the point where the pursuit of fortune and seyz becomes 'normal' if that civilizations spemds more on drugs than they do on National Defense. (like ours does) Moral? You tell me. But you won't, because most of you do not have the capacity to reason along moral lines. Your abolity to reason on matters has been altered by drugs of one kind or another...and TV. 🙂 fin

September 18, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. pilihP

Let's see who finds the most mizpelled werds. Let's see who is todays Champion 'Strainer of the gnat-Camel gulper'. he he. You folks have yourselves a very fine day. And don't forget to take your meds/drugs. adios. 🙂

September 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mmmmm

Abolity? ability? you appeared to be braggin on all accounts and seem have little regard for women, marriage, and love...and don't know what it means to be a real man.

September 18, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. leeintulsa

@blargh: I never have time to read all that crap. I usually read til i find something funny or get bored.

If you can't give it to me quickly, i don't want it. I, like everyone else, have places i trust for information. It's not twisted blog world where the goblins and the trolls play.

Wasting their time, not mine.

September 18, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. gary

another lying, shuckster snail oil salesman goes to meet his maker ... but he's just plain dead ... now he'll never know there is no god, no heaven, no afterlife. Moot point now.

September 18, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@gary: actually, i'm *sure* he knows now, one way or another. You're kinda rude. Bury your mama with that heart?

September 18, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |