Police: Parishioners tackle gunman
September 18th, 2011

Police: Parishioners tackle gunman

Parishioners at a Lakeland, Florida, church tackled a gunman who allegedly shot the pastor and associate pastor on Sunday, holding the suspect until police arrived, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said.

Jeremiah Fogel, 57, was taken into custody following the incident at the Greater Faith Christian Church, the sheriff's office said in a statement. Fogel is also suspected of shooting another person, who died, at a residence before going to the church, police said.

Pastor William Boss and associate pastor Carl Stewart were being treated at Lakeland Regional Medical Center.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • U.S.
  1. banasy©

Sorry, philip, for all of your troubles.
    May you find peace and happiness one day.

September 18, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. fernace

Hurrah for the parrishioners! You gotta be brave & quick to go against a man wielding a gun! For those saying there is no God, He actually worked through those members of the congregation! I think it's a miracle more weren't hurt & that the pastors survived! That's how God works!!

September 18, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. fernace

@ Recollections...you obviously have alot of more work to do! You seem very angry with the world & many of your ideas are unhealthy! Perhaps you just didn't get the correct drug therapy or dosage & mas.tur.ba.tion is a normal, healthy act used by many of Gods creatures, not just humans! Good luck to you!!

September 18, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Hi, fernace.

September 18, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

I take my meds because it helps to keep me alive.
    With your alternative, I'd have been dead long ago.
    I prefer the drugs, thanks.

September 18, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

I have to take my druuuuuuuuuuuugs to keep a metabolism, (thryroid disease)and replace the hormones that I couldn't manufacture anymore because I had cervical cancer.

September 18, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

Sounds like you probably get better stuff than me.. A coumadine a day – rat poison, basicly – keeps the doctor away..

September 18, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

I also have an aneurism that's being monitored; that's the big one I'm kinda worried about, but not really.
    Eh, I'll go when it's time.

September 18, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

Well, leeintulsa, if taking rat poison is what keeps you here, keep on keeping on.
    It's all good. 😉

September 18, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Huh?

September 18, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. leeintulsa

The guy who wrote terminator wrote a short story about people gaining immortality by being injected with a little 'death' periodicly. 'course, then you had to take it for life..

September 18, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. pilihP Replies, one @ a time

@fernace...true. Animals do play with themselves, we've all seen them do this at zoos. We've also at least seen vidios of animals stalking even the young of their own kind. This does not mean that avid masturbation is a good thing. Nor does it mean than men should be stalking boy flesh as prey. We are more intelligent than the animals, though it doesn't show in how most of US conduct ourselves. Animals mostly have more than one mate. Humans who copycat this often lend a hand in our very large divorce rate, broken homes, etc. We copied the birds wings and did pretty good with it. We copied the animals promiscuousness and have done pretty bad with it.

September 18, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Cesar

Hi banasy. So glad your system works so well with those meds. You got that illness beat. Stay cool.

September 18, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cesar

@Philip: Hello. Always interesting to read your posts. Stay cool bud. Bye.

September 18, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. pilihP Replies, one @ a time

This thread will be here for another day or so on your cellphones...and online forever. So I will wait a spell for 'fernace' to reply before I continue. Banasy will be the last one I reply to, for I know her personally and care for her the most. I'm a bit irritated with her replies, for they omit something about why she takes meds and the meds she takes that would be beneficial to discuss here. Sorry Donna. This is bigger than me and you. And me and you is pretty big, in my heart. 🙂

September 18, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Big Joe!!!!!

Good to see you friend, as always. Pls. read my story and post a reply? Start from the top where my post "POLICE: Churchgoers tackle Manboy" is. Good to see you Cesar...was beginning to wonder if they got ya! he he Friend, Philip

September 18, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |