Police: Parishioners tackle gunman
September 18th, 2011

Police: Parishioners tackle gunman

Parishioners at a Lakeland, Florida, church tackled a gunman who allegedly shot the pastor and associate pastor on Sunday, holding the suspect until police arrived, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said.

Jeremiah Fogel, 57, was taken into custody following the incident at the Greater Faith Christian Church, the sheriff's office said in a statement. Fogel is also suspected of shooting another person, who died, at a residence before going to the church, police said.

Pastor William Boss and associate pastor Carl Stewart were being treated at Lakeland Regional Medical Center.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • U.S.
  1. pilihP

@s kel. Thanks friend. 🙂 I don't know you very well, and not personally at all. You are a believer! 🙂 This brings a smile to my face and warms my heart. I still battle depression, but most of it is linked with all of our brothers and sister humans who are dying and being abused...even by armies. News of these things IS depressing. I think that those who AEREN'T depressed about these things are the ones who need diagnosed these days. Thank you again for your kind reply.

September 18, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. s kel

Peace Jazzzzzzzz.

September 18, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. s kel

Your welcome pilihP.

September 18, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. fernace

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal, Philip! I'm a retirered childcare provider & abhor people who abuse or prey on their beautiful, innocent little beings! I'm glad you are getting your situation under control & in no way was I trying to minimize your pain! I was pointing out that the last of your "Recollection" posts sounded angry & that mas.tur.bation is not always a symptom of abuse, that it can be a perfectly healthy form of release! As far as drug therapy, what works for 1 person may not work for the next! I take a psychotropic med for depression, which has helped me tremendously! I take another for chronic pain, which helps me to go about my day-to-day biz! Just wanted to say that we are all individuals with different needs & different approaches to caring for ourselves! No insult to you or your past or how you address it, intended! Hey to banasy, glad your meds help you & Jazzzzz this is in answer to your comment, too!!

September 19, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jazzzzzzzz

@ fernance ...I'm so glad you could share such private matters to clear things up, I really like ya pal and am glad to hear your doing well. (Hug) sorry this is short but I've got % minutes before I have to head out the door for work.
    God bless and all have a wonderful day!

September 19, 2011 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  6. Acottish Mama

pilihP I am glad you have had the strength to be able not to become what has made your life stunted in emotions and have become a quest to live day by day. I am not as eloquet a speaker as you and many others. Parents need to know that belief in what the children say and taking it to the police and demanding justice for children is what needs to happen, to help rid ourselves of these preditors. When we get one off the streets and label them publicly we keep them form harming other children. May others see this post and know that they are not alone and you can rise above your situation and help others. You can change and live your life in a meaningful way. I admire your strength.

September 19, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. Scottish Mama

Name misspelled.

September 19, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  8. WOT

Judgment will being at the House of God! Bible Belt is one thing Baal(Hell And Hate) Belt is another!

September 19, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  9. pilihP

@fernace. Again, you are confusing my referring to "chronic avid masturbation" as simply masturbation in general, jus as banasy confused my referring to PROZAC, seroquel, abilfy, xanax, ritalin, etc with ALL medications. (cont)

September 19, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Banasy doesn't confuse them...not at all.
    And properly taken, the medicines you are once again demonizing has helped many, many people.
    People can get addicted to anything and everything, but is it always the substance that's at fault?
    There are people who are addicted to the strangest things...I saw a show about a woman who ate toilet paper. (Unused.)
    So I suppose that we should ban toilet paper?
    Put it in perspective.

September 19, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. the profile of abused children

1.) Chronic masturbator. In every case that i've personally become aware if in group therapy, every single boy who was seyx-ually abused became an avid masturbator. 2.) Temper tantrums. Abused children try various ways to inform their parents of the abuse. Most commonly with regular bouts of temper tantrums enen in public, crying out to total strangers for help. Children whom were abused by someone outside the home, generally do not throw tantrums in public, but become very violent at home when doing so...even resorting to cutting their own flesh in extreme cases. 4.) Parents oftentimes label their own abused child as a "problem child" and force on them mind-altering drugs that lead to attention deficit disorder. (cont)

September 19, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. the profile of abused children

5.) Young children introduced to seyx at an early age by being molested, simply do not have the capacity to form the right words to tell their parents, so they begin acting-out the abuse TO their parents. One lady in group therapy used to take all of her panties out of her drawer after her abuser left. She would take them and neatly arrange her panties on the living-room couch, so nice and neat...the same exact way each time. Her parents would scold her and get upset with her...never thinking for a moment that their child was trying to tell them something. Her dad was a drunkkard and her mom was strung-out on xanax. Her parents could tell when the family pet was trying to tell them something, but NOT when their own daughter was. Symptomatic of parents under the influence of mind-altering drugs. (cont)

September 19, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. the profile of abused children

6.) Running away from home. EVERY SINGLE CASE I've EVER seen involved children running away from home at an early age, even if only disappearing for a few hours at a time. Over 2,000 cases of runaway children are reported each and EVERY DAY acoording to the FBI. And most cases are NOT reported, just like most raype cases aren't. Chronic runaways, when caught or when they come home, are oftentimes scolded and punished. Parents strung-out on drugz are impatient with them, and many label their own child as a "problem child" and force drugz like ritlin on them, NEVER spending the hundreds of hours necessarry to draw the child out and find out what's really going on. They do this to themselves, and they do this to their child. (cont)

September 19, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. the profile of abused children

7.) Some children, like myself, whose mind-altered parents didn't spend their med money on ritalin for their kids, were able to form the words necesssary to inform their parents of the abuse in words that even a child could understand by the time they were 5 or 6 yrs. old. But boys like me were called "LIARS" by our own parents, and even our siblings, who were abused themselves, would stop wanting to even play with them for fear the parents would beat them too. 8.) Every single one of my siblings, and this is the norm, not the rarity, were also abused as children but deny it to theis very day. Each sibling takes drugs. My eldest two prefer PROZAC and seroquel along with various high-strength pain killers. My two sisters both prefer xanax. My eldest eats extra-strength Tyleonol by the handful. Americans consume nearly 10, 000,000 of these softer pain kellers per day. Every single one of my siblings are different than me. They are all less intelligent, and are constantly asking me to help them, save my two sisters who both married wealthy men who cheat on them, and are happy that their wives are hooked on xanax. (cont)

September 19, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  15. the profile of abused children

8.) Dirty video and magazines. I have yet to meet a molested boy in my years of therapy whose own parents DIDN'T bring this into the childs home. Parents whose minds are altered think that they can hide this stuff from their own children. Any parent with a clear thinking ability would laugh and say "Really? You didn't think your kids would find it? What drugz are YOU on?". 9.) I'm done for now. There is more....MUCH MUCH more to tell. But I will save the best for last, to expose the replies that I know will be posted. You all forget. This isn't my first rodeo with those in denial of their own addictions to seyz, drugz, and booze. The "Big Three", with any one of them rarely seen without the other two being there as well. Bring it on banasy, fernace, etc. I've got some more info for you, just as soon as uou post your next round of denial.

September 19, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |