Police: Parishioners tackle gunman
September 18th, 2011

Police: Parishioners tackle gunman

Parishioners at a Lakeland, Florida, church tackled a gunman who allegedly shot the pastor and associate pastor on Sunday, holding the suspect until police arrived, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said.

Jeremiah Fogel, 57, was taken into custody following the incident at the Greater Faith Christian Church, the sheriff's office said in a statement. Fogel is also suspected of shooting another person, who died, at a residence before going to the church, police said.

Pastor William Boss and associate pastor Carl Stewart were being treated at Lakeland Regional Medical Center.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • U.S.
  1. banasy©

I'm not is denial about anything in my life, Philip.
    My life is a very satisfying one.
    I see the good.
    I see the nice.
    I see the glass as full to overflowing, rather that empty and broken.
    I am content.
    I can't say that about other people, so I won't, but I am deeply content.
    Life is good.
    I don't need to work on *my* life.

Bring it on, indeed.
    Lmao!

September 19, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

Swim in your own unhappiness
    Deny any preserver
    Thrown your way;
    Wallow in self-pity
    That defines your being;
    Such a gluttony of misery!
    I pity thee
    For you will never have lived
    To know freedom.

September 19, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

You just denied every word I posted. Everything posted is the truth. You did not comment on even one of the several points that I made. You are obviously offended, and even accuse me of being unhappy. Never have I ever seen even one post from you, Donna, with such nasty words for a man caught molesting a child! Never. In over a year! My words would not move you to post such vile hatered of my words that are true. My words are like a shoe. The only one who would be upset by them are the ones the shoe fits. So stay on PROZAC for the rest of your life. And look at your own daughters FB page if you want to see the children I described above. You daughters filthy mouths, black makeup look of death are the spitting images of an abused child. A child raised by a mother whose mind has been artifically altered by years of addiction to PROZAC. Now deny that you are an addict Donna, and I will copy/paste texts from when we discussed this very subject a yr. ago. You can't recall because of your addiction.

September 19, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

...and the glass of humanity and morality has been shattered. It can no-longer hold water let-alone truth. Anyone who sees today's world even halfway filled with truth is spun. This earth is being ruined right in front of your PROZAC veiled eyes Donna. and i tire from my year-long struggle to pull the veil back so you can see. I kick your dust from the bottoms of my boots and I move on. I pray that one day your eyes will be opened so that you might see thr truth that sets you free from addiction. Good bye Donna.

September 19, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

I said GOOD BYE, Donna. Now go pick on someone your own downsized. Please ignore any posts made by me in the future. yw

September 20, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

I haven't taken prozac in about 10 years, o unknowing one; it did exactly what it was intended to do: get me through the situational depression caused by my son's death.
    I see fully; you don't. In your insistence on being right, nay, your prideful gloating of it, you choose to paint untruths as fact.
    The fact is, you're frequently wrong on things that concern anybody but yourself.
    Goodbye.
    It's been real.

September 20, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

Pride goeth before a fall.
    Enjoy your trip.

September 20, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  8. Defending the honor of ones own children

If someone were to post that about my daughter, I would invite everyone to visit her FB pages and see for themselves. I challenge you to do the same Donna.

September 20, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  9. Big monsters

Big montsters make little monsters. Well, one of your girls is little. (the foul-mouthed one) The other is...let's just call it "ocean going barge" challenged.

September 20, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Are you so delusional that you see perversion in a teenager's eyeliner? You are the authority on spotting child abuse from a photo on facebook?
    Dude, you're sick.
    There's not enough hours left in your lifetime to get the therapy you need, you twisted pos. I am glad you'll never meet my children, because I wouldn't want them to have to scrub themselves clean afterwards talking to a pervert like you.
    You nauseate me, Philip.
    You deserve everything you get, you mean-spirited miserable excuse for a man.
    Just check yourself into a hospital right now, because you are one nasty thing, and your grasp on sanity is tenuous, at best.you will say ANYTHING, won't you?
    You will go after ANYONE, no matter how innocent, to soil them, won't you?
    I'm done.
    I pity you. I really do.
    You're a ruined man.

September 20, 2011 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

You have no sense, you lunatic.
    Like I want any more perverts looking at them the way you do.
    No, thanks, monster.

September 20, 2011 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Dear lord, you're a pervert!

September 20, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

I challenge you to stfu about things you don't know anything about.
    How like you to take things and try to twist them in an unwholesome way.
    Nasty man.

September 20, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

And my kids are not foul-mouthed.
    But you are.

September 20, 2011 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  15. Big, very big monsters

I see that you would perefer that I post the links to both of your daughters FB pages so everyone can see how they turned out. Parents are held accountable for how they raised their children, as you well know. And both girls are over the age of 18, and trust me...neither need to worry about a man peeping-tomming them. You said "bring it on"...so here it is Donna.

September 20, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |