September 20th, 2011

Widow sues for information on Falcon Lake killing

Almost a year has passed since Tiffany Hartley's husband was shot and killed while on a personal watercraft on Falcon Lake, which sits on the border and is shared between Texas and Mexico.

Now she has sued the State Department, Justice Department and FBI in an attempt to get answers about what happened that day and why no one has been brought to justice in the killing of David Hartley.

It is believed that he was shot by members of the Zetas drug cartel, but no one has been arrested or even named as a suspect in his death.

With the help of Judicial Watch, an organization dedicated to investigating corruption, Tiffany Hartley filed the three freedom of information act lawsuits Friday.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Drug violence • Mexico • Texas
  1. The Lion King

Zetas are poor uneducated unskilled people. They are trying to be important. Violence is the only way they know how.

September 20, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. catherine 'ZETA' jones

Im also uneducated,and my hubby has no butt... .

September 20, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  3. justathought

My condoances, but this was a dangerous place to be. Good luck with government.

September 20, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Smoke and mirrors.
    I don't think that poor woman will ever find out the truth.

September 20, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jordan scene©

I can see where she's coming from, wanting more information on who killed her husband, but I think freeing up this information earlier then the feds intend could perhaps impede progress of their zeta investigations.

September 20, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. RUFFNUTT (kcmo , hut tub repairman & maker of disco balls)

twas pirates...arghhh..

September 20, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

I still remember a year ago, most people thought SHE did it. Including me.

September 20, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. pancho

I think that the goverment should do more againts the drug cartels

September 20, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

@Jordan scene©:

I think you're right.
    I think, however, that she'll probably be left with more questions than answers...
    And, hi.

September 20, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Johnny Wayne

and yet another Obama screw up. Let's keep the boarder unprotected.

September 20, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

HOW is this the POTUS's fault?
    SMH

September 20, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jim

What's to know. A group of miscreant thugs say them, went after them and tried to kill them, and succeeded in killing her husband. She should be suing Mexico, that's where the thugs are.

September 20, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jim

Saw not say.

September 20, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jordan scene©

Hi banasy! Another possibility I just thought of would be that maybe the feds really don't have any legitimate information as to who did it and why. This situation just seems like a random act of violence with no real motive. Bimbo I also remember people accusing her as well, on account of her getting away unharmed. This is just going to turn out to be another cold case.

September 20, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. kim

I womder if the insurance companies paid her yet oh well just join the rest of america out of touch with the real truth and reality as well the blame gameits everyone else fault....whatever I still dont believe her hey mexico is full of criminals and sometimes criminal go on vacation and kill there husbands. Lol its a great excuse.

September 20, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |