September 22nd, 2011

Lawyer: Accused UBS bank trader 'sorry beyond words'

A bank trader accused of fraud in connection with a $2.3 billion loss in unauthorized trading reported by Swiss giant UBS is "sorry beyond words," his lawyer said Thursday.

Kwaku Adoboli was remanded in custody until October 20 by the City of London Magistrates' Court.

In a statement to the court, lawyer Patrick Gibbs said his client was "sorry beyond words for what happened here."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Switzerland • United Kingdom
  1. ruffNUTT

I'M SORRY... sorry i got caught!!!!

September 22, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. fernace

"I stole $2.3 Billion & I'm sorry!?" No, I'm sorry but sorry ain't gonna cut it! You better go find those billions with interest, or it's cement boots for you & your co-horts!!

September 22, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  3. michaelfury

September 22, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mmmmm

Kwaku = Kookoo Madoff = Made Off
    Cmon people! look at the names...just look at the names...

September 22, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. RUFFNUTT ( PROFESSIONAL NERF HERDER )

ONLY 2.3BILLION?.. it's ok that's peanuts..

September 22, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. Investor

not peanuts...hulls

September 22, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. huh?

2.3 bil? That would be much better for funding my fridge than the $30/week I spend now....

September 22, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  8. yada

Sorry he got caught.....Exactly! Well now he can afford a lawyer and I hope that 2.3 mil didn't go to funding war.

September 22, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. Scottish Mama

oops! Did I do that!

September 22, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  10. s kel

yes you did Scottish Mama

September 22, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

I'm sure he is very, very sorry...he didn't know what he was doing....yeah, right!
    I'm with Ruffie; he's sorry he got caught, nothing more.

September 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. V. P.

Yes he is sorry, sorry that he got caught. If I have the right guy in mind, he was smiling as police took him away. He really looked like a complete and utter idiot.

September 22, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Miss Demeanor

Oh, well if he's sorry...
    Glad to see the 'BP response' (it's easy to apologize when you don't mean it) is catching on. Jolly good. I can't imagine why the public has a trust problem with the european financial sector. But at least he isn't killing refinery workers and destroying wilderness because he ignores maintaining his equipment and pipelines.

September 22, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. s kel

may I have at least one half of one percent of that money?

September 22, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

I know, right?
    I'll take the other half of that one percent...don't want to confuse the beancounters...

September 22, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |