September 22nd, 2011

Anti-Gadhafi forces find possible radioactive material in Libya

A military site containing what appears to be radioactive material was uncovered Thursday by revolutionary forces near the southern Libyan city of Sabha. The discovery comes a day after anti-Gadhafi forces took over Sabha.

The site contains barrels and plastic bags of powder marked "radioactive." Their contents have not been confirmed as nuclear material.

This story is developing. We'll bring you the latest information as soon as we get it.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Libya
  1. s kel

Oh sorry Scottish Mama, Washington D C.

September 22, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

No s kel I have not. I was going to go to picket though.

September 22, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

I hear it every garbage day @5 am.

September 22, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. s kel

well forget what u see on the news its a beautiful place,lots to see,lots to do, excellent food, thirthy miles from another great city, with lots to see and do, baltimore md (now b mores ghetto is ghetto,lol bad ) fells point, little italy, and water front inner harbor is cool, also you have nead DC charming annpolious md, it like going back in time over 230yrs,as is Alexandria va across the potomac river from DC very colonial. Mts to west beautiful rolling hills wineries, .to the east the cheasapeak bay, look up allthis online and look.

September 22, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. s kel

forget what u see about it on tv and the movies, its mostly fake biased crap.

September 22, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Ok wine country I could go for that. I like antiques and I wanted to go when the Cherry blossoms were blooming.

September 22, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dominic

look this is such BS. MI6 and the CIA were in Libya months before the "bombs of peace" This is planted. It's yet more fake propaganda. If you do your homework they have had our troops ready to put boots on the ground here for months. This is a cy op so the people won't object to another war. Be prepared they will stage another 9/11 false flag. I'm really getting tired of this crap.

September 22, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • netmarcos

Ya'll need to look into the larger size roll of tin foil. Yer hats are a bit too tight.

September 22, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. RUFFNUTT ( INTERNATIONAL WEED SMOKER AND NERF HERDER )

@ s kel... wrong.. every thing on tv is real!!!!

September 22, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

Just like wrestling, right, Ruffie?

I was in DC a while back...it is beautiful! I had a blast there, and of course, saw all the usual things, but the architecture of some of the buildings, and the old colonial homes just blew me away!
    I would love to get back there one day.

September 22, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Anomic Office Drone

So that's where the WMDs were! 😛

September 22, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

hey Bush was close, it was in the middle east/north Africa/ Mediterranean sort of area, you know?

September 26, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  9. Terry Moore

So what............get rid of it and get our boys out of there, Russia had a claim on Libya.......we have no interest there period.

September 22, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mr, President

I see they found my containers. Please send it to Syria.

September 22, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Gregst

Ugh, so-o-o-o scary... I'm peeing in my pants. That evil Halloween personage Qadhafi certainly intended to blow this stuff on the Times Square, and to poison with it our beloved President.

September 22, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. s kel

Ruffnut Im going to Arther Bryant BBQ in kc, and KCK is very ghetto, lol

September 22, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Paul Revere

Oh, so we finally found Saddam's WMD that satellite photos indicated went to Syria in a convoy of trucks. A little free market trading of WMD going on behind the UN's back I guess. But, dummy me, I thought WMD were a right-wing fantasy.

September 22, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

Isn't that part of the Book of Mormon? the secret WMDs made their way across the desert to Syria, then they took a ship to America, past the pillars of Hercules and dropped some off in Libya, hidden in secret golden barrels of powder, thus sayth the angel maroni!

September 26, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  14. s kel

well Bansay if u can come back here ,let me know

September 22, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |