September 27th, 2011

Tuesday's live events

CNN.com Live is your home for gavel-to gavel coverage of Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - U.N. General Assembly concludes - Diplomats from Russia, Myanmar, Pakistan and Venezuela are among those scheduled to speak on the final day of the United Nations General Assembly.

11:45 am ET - Conrad Murray trial - Opening statements are expected in the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, who is charged with causing the 2009 death of singer Michael Jackson.

4:15 pm ET - Obama pitches jobs bill - President Obama goes to Denver to try to win support for his American Jobs Act proposal.

9:00 pm ET - Race to 2012: Chris Christie in California - With speculation growing once again that he may seek the GOP presidential nomination, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie speaks at a forum at the Reagan Library.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Conrad Murray • Crime • United Nations
  1. Paul

Weird how he's frowning so big. He wasn't frowning when he was getting hundreds of thousands to be a drug dealer for Michael Jackson, then not even looking out for him! To the slammer, for this guy!!

September 28, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jade From B'more

Never thought about it like that. Conrad did kinda carry it like he was a dope dealer tho.

October 5, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. andrea

he should be in jail for wat heee have dne 2 micheal jackson

September 30, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Jade From B'more

Doctors do that crap everyday! You don't see any of them in jail... only CIVIL COURT for Malpractice. But because it's MJ he's going to jail. If it was YOUR dad YOUR brother, or YOUR uncle, the doctor would be walking into a civil court room with you asking for money. And that's all you'd get! He wouldn't be going to jail. He might get his license taken and that's to the extreme... being that MJ was an icon murry is going to jail. But for average joe's like us... all we can do is sue!

October 5, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Penny252

Sorry..but doctors don't administer Propofol to someone IN THEIR HOME everyday. This is the first case of it's kind I believe. It much much more than malpractice. He needs to be put behind bars to think about how greedy he was. Jackson found this kook who was willing to do it. Then he leaves him unattended. It doesn't matter how long he was left alone by Murray....2 mins...10 mins..doesn't matter. Leaving someone alone for 1 second without being properly monitored is enough to convict.

October 14, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. freddie beck

Everyone is laying total blame at the feet of Dr. Conrad,but, Michael Jackson was an intellegent adult who made a conscious choice to use drugs. He was addicted before he met the Dr. There are other Individuals who share in this tragedy, Mainly in my opinion, his family, any Dr. that filled a drug prescription, his managers and any one who professed this" great love" for him. He was only one man, they were many. Seemingly he was a human lottery ticket to so man,y that eagerly cashed in on him. I say to all of the above, SHAME, SHAME, SHAME ON ALL OF YOU. Michael didn't need enemys he had all of you.

September 30, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jade From B'more

I sorta agree with you buy not completely!! I do feel like Conrad Murry shouldn't go to prison for basically medical malpractice. Sadly doctors kill patients everyday, but never go to jail. The get law suits but I never heard of a doctor going to prison for manslaughter! I think that's wrong, but I don't think that makes him a criminal. Bad judgement and big mistakes but he didn't intentionally kill MJ. I mean with MJ dead how the hell was he going to get his $150k salary each month??
      He only had 1 patient!!
      But he was really negligent. I just don't think he's a murderer. Doctors do that crap everyday! And you never see them go to prison for it. It's Malpractice!
      But how the hell did he think propofol was the answer to MJ's state during the recording? MJ needed to come down from whatever it was he's was on at the time of the recordiing. That's like conrad offering him a glass of wine knowing damn well he's way to twisted to be taking anything else!
      MJ could've just finnished drinking a gallon of Jack Daniel's to himself... how the hell can 2 days later Conrad come to the decision, you know what... I think MJ needs some propofol!

October 5, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sue

AMEN! I agree 100% with freddie beck! The only reason that the prosecution put Dr. Murray on trial was so they could dirty Micheal's name a little more as they did twice before. The prosecuters must be so thrilled with themselves that they've gotten to show so much that Michael had a right to keep private. I've never seen autopsy photos shown on TV before, not even in the Casey Anthony trial. I just hope the jury will aquit him, but it's too late for Michael to have any decency shown him, even in death, all his secrets are being told to the world. His dermatology records, how much botox or restilyn he got in the last few months of his life, etc.. This trial is nothing but a disgrace!

October 27, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Donald in CA

I would hope the good doctor leave some of those ladies phone numbers with me before he goes to jail.

October 4, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rather Not

Uhhhhh........ Donald..... trust me........ you wouldn't want any leftovers from Conrad Murray, the murderer of one of the most famous icons of the decade............ can't believe that this man just won't man up and admit he screwed up. Has no conscience. He deserves the maximum penalty. Four years. He should know how to use a drug properly, but because MJ asked for it, he wanted to oblige so that he can be hired as MJ's personal doctor. Shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine again. Should have known better. You don't use a hospital drug for home use...... sorry. You're a cardiologist, and not a anesthesiologist. Shame also on the pharmacist who delivered the drug. It's a weird drug to be shipped to a home address..

October 5, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Jade From B'more

my boyfriend said the same thing! He's on restriction for 2 weeks!!

October 5, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jade From B'more

I'm just wondering how the doctor records this message and get's the idea... I know what would work... propofol? Let me go order like 2 more gallons!!! I'm such a genieus!!!

October 5, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. patricia williams

what concerns me that he had 4 girlfriends from a strip club. Better ask if anyone every passed out suddently there?These girls needed money is why they worked there, so why would they work for free for him. Were they given drugs to sell, or bait the men?I can bet they were used for more than a girlfriend?I also am wandering if someone took the cardiologist test for him? He does not seem to remotely act like a nurse -aid. I am so appalled! I had a hip replacement and never ever in the 3 wks in the hospital had that much or kind of meds. Only 1 time when I had the 1st hip replacement I had a machine I was hooked up too for pain, I could push the button when it was real bad, but it only when-– on every 3 or 4 hrs l time you could not push the button when you wanted cause it would not work . So how could MJ just give meds to himself, outrageous! I know better. Been there as well as other peple.They need to add a Felony for taking the tape of him under the influence of his drugs, how could he ever do that and be a doctor, its so disgusting, I don,t even want to hear how he drugged him up and took a tape. Never give this man a license ever in any state! I am a practical nurse and I know the rules of taking care of someone who is has dementia, and you certainly never leave them alone, as well as if you just drugged them up, all that medicine, enough for a hospital and 100 or more patients. There is so much to say, I can,t believe he will sit there and let this go on without saying he is guilty. He will never get another job with anyone after this trial.If he pleads guilty may have a little just a little sympathy. He has no remorse or shame. Let him rot in Prison not 4 yrs or 2 in jail. This is a crime for the justice system.

October 6, 2011 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. moncker kids vest

October 7, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  8. Karen S

Even if MJ gave himself the lethal overdose (which I don't believe ) why would CM be any less responsible given that with the administration of IV anesthesia (he does admit to an initial dose) constant monitoring of the patient is the standard of care required.

October 7, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  9. April J

IM WONDERING WHEN HE IS CONVICTED AND SENT TO PRISON IS HE GOING TO HAVE PROTECTION FOR HIS CRIME? THINK ABOUT ALL THEM LIFER'S THAT HAS NOTHING TO LOSE AND SEE'S THE COWARD WHO KILLED THE KING OF POP! IT'S PRETTY SAD THAT SMALL CHILDREN CAN MAKE A 911 CALL WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS,THIS GROWN COWARD HIDES,LIES,&CLEAN UP.

October 12, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Leon from Los Angeles

This is a profligacy prosecution that should be a civil wrongful death lawsuit commenced by the Jackson family probably the mother. However, the Jackson family is estranged if not deranged from their bizarre brother who underwent multiple operations to become "white." The district attorney should not have wasted probably millions of dollars on this case.

October 12, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. rick sierz

I wonder if americans will finally uprise against our justice system......if Murray" isn't" convicted of manslaughter?? Especially right after this farce of Anthony going free. I hate to see what will happen, if people reach a braking point?

October 14, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Don

I love MJ and his death was hearth feld, but lets face it he was hooked on drugs and when he was doing the neverland ranch interview with the guy from the UK MJ look like an artificial doll when I saw him and also like he was on something. Sorry C Murray had to be the fall guy but again Murray had a responsibility as a doctor say no to MJ. Money is the route of all evil and what people will do for money is amazing

October 17, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kevin

To address Jade, No, your wrong doctors don't do that because of malpractice suits, anybody with half a brain can see Michael had a drug problem, he (Michael Jackson) admitted live on TV a few years ago, what was happening was Michael was having withdraw symptoms, when an addict is trying to stop or ran out of drugs, it causes sleep deprivation, and Michael or anyone of that matter cannot function without any sleep, and MJ had to perform so many shows there is no way he could have done without any sleep.

October 20, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  14. Shai

Okay sooo the doctor screwed up, he human, throw him the slammer or take away his license I don't care it aint like he got the life sentence, just let it be over with michael's turning in his grave, he's getting more publicity dead than alive.

October 24, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  15. ben

hmmmmmmmmm. Doctors make mistake like any other person every minute of the clock. but who tells, who says, who knows, MJ is as human as any other, i wish all this will bring him back to life to tell his own side of the story..such as many others who have died at a doctor's mistake..and what kind of satisfaction will it bring if in the finally analysis he (MJ) is still sleeping in his grave...we have all lost the course of our priorities in life as human..everyone of us.. MJ, me you reading, the doctor, MJ's family member and everyone who thinks Murray is guilty, all of us are guilty. When MJ was all that time on drugs and performing on stage like "not human" no one questioned it but now,,, some one must be blamed.. MJ could never have been METHUSALA in the bible anyway...

October 25, 2011 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |