October 2nd, 2011

Jet Blue flight hits strong turbulence; 7 injured

Severe turbulence contributed to seven injuries - six related to the head, back or neck and one from a severe coffee burn - on Sunday night aboard a Jet Blue flight from San Juan, Puerto Rico, Boston's Logan Airport spokesman Phil Orlandella said.

Flight 852 landed in Boston, its intended destination around 10 p.m., about 20 minutes ahead of schedule, according to the airline's website.

Post by:
Filed under: Air travel
  1. yada

@ Gung hoe. Hey how are you tonight? No hon, wasn't in the service and I'm a sista not a brother and thank you for serving our country! That flight was so turbulent and I got so air-sick, I've just never forgotten the date.

October 3, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  2. Dr Kabir Ahmed

Since I started flying more than 25 years ago I have not been able to overcome the fear of air travel. Turbulence mild or severe is scary

October 3, 2011 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
  3. MR Jamison Sancho

January 13 2007 I fly to dallas from the Philadelphia to bring mother the napkin rings. I have to make a poop. Yes due to what you call this turbulence, the water splash on to my buttock. It make a rash red and itch. Five month I see doctor he tell me I get infection. Airline pay me 500,000 and I don't ask for nothing

October 3, 2011 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
  4. Atsa Lotta-Spaghetti

I also like to try and poke fun at Joey because I know he's way more intelligent than I am, stronger than I am, plus, he's not gay like I am.

October 3, 2011 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ Atsa Lotta-Spaghetti:
    Well, merci beaucoup, I guess.
    I don't think that being born straight is any kind of accomplishment at all. Guys who think that will die out soon.

October 3, 2011 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. s kel

Thats why I went to Airborne School in Ft Benning GA to learn how to jump from screwed up flights tha Jet Blue has. 🙂

October 3, 2011 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

You're gutsy, s kel.

October 3, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

This is my day off, so I'll be around here some of the time.

October 3, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Hi, s kel.
    Hi, JIF.

I've been through turbulence before.
    It won't stop me from flying.

October 3, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  10. yada

Good morning banasy. I don't understand why CNN still isn't reporting about the 700 plus ppl arrested on the Brooklyn bridge. Nothing yesterday or today.

October 3, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • jOHN

yes, where is the coveage of this and other police abuse cases; how far does it have to go before it's Watts time..

October 3, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. petercha

Wow, I hope all the injured people are going to be OK soon.

October 3, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Billie

SO....it appears Italy courts are like America's. Like Casey Anthony...being set free and now Amanda Knox. I will be sickened....to see the books and movie deals that come from this. Why even have court systems...they obviously do not work.

October 3, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • jOHN

Now Billie, can't you imagine no court system...none...how does that work, ea?

October 3, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • gclare

In criminal law, Blackstone's formulation is the principle: "better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer", expressed by the English jurist William Blackstone in his Commentaries on the Laws of England, published in the 1760s. This is a founding principle in our criminal justice system (except in Texas where they hold to, "Hang 'em all and let the lord sort them out.")

October 28, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ms. Soprano

Come on Amanda nor her male friend were guilty of this crime, they have the real killer, they just screwed up on these two just like they do sometimes in the states, yes there are innocent people jailed believe it or not.

October 3, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. gas shmas

i got yer turbulance right here!

October 3, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Dadofthree

Turbulence does not bring planes down. They could take way more than what we ever experience. Pilot error, landing conditions, overloading, ice...these bring planes down.

October 26, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • gclare

"Turbulence does not bring plans down." Man that is going to be my mantra when things go bump in the flight.

October 28, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |