October 3rd, 2011

Man accused of Pentagon plot pleads not guilty

A 26-year-old U.S. citizen accused of plotting to use model airplanes in attacks on the Pentagon and the U.S. Capitol pleaded not guilty in federal court Monday.

Authorities claim Rezwan Ferdaus - a resident of Ashland, Massachusetts - planned to use large, remote-controlled model aircraft filled with C-4 plastic explosive against the targets. He faces a maximum sentence of 100 years in prison if convicted.

Ferdaus was arrested last week.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Justice • Massachusetts • Terrorism • U.S.
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I vote for jordan scene's notion about the hellfire missile, and I did understand the context in which he related it.
    Trials are costly, and there are those who say that we're in a recession.

October 3, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

well u already know i dont have much trust in the gov these days banasy, so i gotta wonder, do they have any evidence or are they manufacturing it based on his name???

October 3, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

Yeah, they didn't find a white guy. Guess it's cuz their 15000 paid informants hang out in mosques.

Hey, the ground zero mosque opened up the other day..

Nothin? Really?

October 3, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. George Patton

Guilty or innocent, this man is going to be convicted either way. Does anyone here remember the 1951 Rosenburg case where both Julius and Ethel Rosenburgh were convicted in spite of the fact that both were innocent? Then again at that time, nobody could have been acquitted charged with what they were charged with. This is how the right-wing lynch-mob mentality works, putting America at it's worst!!!

October 3, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Well said, George. I couldn't agree more! It's terrible what happened to the Rosenburgs back in the 1950's and this will always be a stain on the U.S. Justice System all because the government had a jury biased in their favor!!! This should never happen but will, sadly enough!

October 3, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. @George Patton

Shut up. You hate everything and everybody. This has nothjing to do with sping, either, you moron!!! Would that you could be convicted of having a big mouth and being anti-American!!!

October 3, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ George Patton:
    I remember the Julius and Ethel Rosenberg case very well. I can also spell "Rosenberg." Check it out.
    I'm not as certain as you are about their innocence.
    I knew people who knew the Rosenbergs.
    All those involved in the same political ideology as that of the Rosenbergs were convinced that they were doing a good thing.
    I don't share those political leanings.

October 3, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Fakey Lame

JIF has been back one day. One day! And the George Patton Troll couldn't wait to hijack his namne again! can't you just open a phone book and steal someone else's name? Do you possibly think anyone if fooled? JIF is intelligent. You are not.

October 3, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Zut!
    Just as I was writing my 7:49 post, my troll was sending in the opposite opinion under my name.
    Ah, yes...I remember it well.

October 3, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Fakey Lame

I. Cannot. Stand. Name. Stealers. They. Are. A. Blight. To. The. Blogs. If. Such. A. Thing. Is. Possible!

October 3, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Thank you, friend.
    I know who has my back.

October 3, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Fakey Lame

😉

October 3, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

The troll who wrote using my name can barely imitate the structure of a sentence.
    Only a very uneducated person would think that I posted that.

October 3, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lyndsie Graham

Execute this traitor just like they executed the Rosenbergs! Treason should never be tolerated! He was plainly a spy, and deserves a spy's fate...death!!! Anyone saying otherwise is just as guilty of treason!!!

October 3, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. John

Good post Lyndsie,thank you. You said it all!

October 3, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. michaelfury

October 3, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tom Posey

Good grief, George Patton, what language! You must be a fan of Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin with such Tea Party Lingo. There is no room for this on these blogs! It is as simple as that!

October 3, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |