October 3rd, 2011

Man accused of Pentagon plot pleads not guilty

A 26-year-old U.S. citizen accused of plotting to use model airplanes in attacks on the Pentagon and the U.S. Capitol pleaded not guilty in federal court Monday.

Authorities claim Rezwan Ferdaus - a resident of Ashland, Massachusetts - planned to use large, remote-controlled model aircraft filled with C-4 plastic explosive against the targets. He faces a maximum sentence of 100 years in prison if convicted.

Ferdaus was arrested last week.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Justice • Massachusetts • Terrorism • U.S.
  1. Pink Panther

There goes George Patton again posting all of his mindless Tea Party blah blah blah!

October 3, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

The demon's name is legion.

October 3, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Legion

But I can't help it!!! I can't, I can't!!!
    I'm jealous of JIF!

October 3, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

E' vero.

October 3, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

what if, what if? really what if he was JUST flying model planes 4 fun? I know, ppl find it hard to believe but what if???

October 3, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

OMG lindsey bite me!!! I believe in america you are aloud to voice your opinion, and this wouldnt be the lst time weve been duped by the C.I.A. or F.B.I. for cryin out loud. Also everyone is presummed innocent til proven guilty!

October 3, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. leeintulsa

@chrissy: i'm sure this sting took time, even years. There was never a guy flying an r/c plane around the pentagon. Unless they cleared him a 'test flight'..

@banasy: in my opinion – and surely you know my style and what not.. – gotta go with freedom. Nothing more than american malcontents to run through the system and feed the false sense of security. People are free to be malcontents here.

Hell, i'm a malcontent. In some ways, in more eyes, you are, too.

Muslims are trending right now. How long before they get back to poor whitish folks?

October 3, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

Lol.. On rereading, some might say poor white folks never had it as hard as some.. Look back.. Ireland.. Europe.. Eurasia.. Poor white folks paid some dues, too..

October 3, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

@leeintulsa:
    You had me at "poor whitish folks."
    😉

October 3, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. leeintulsa

It even said the public was never in any danger. How *clear* does it have to be?

I hate conspiracy theories. They are doing it out in the open, no conspiracy. You don't have to add *anything* to the story.

You just have to read the government's report and know that everything they touch turns to sh!t. If this guy *is* legit, is the next guy? The last guy?

October 3, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. leeintulsa

@banasy: LOL

October 3, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. leeintulsa

It's like that old taxi bit. When jim went to his father's house. His dad condemned him for,'getting high all the time, partying, and hanging out'. Jim said, 'well, when you say it like that.' dad said, 'how do you say that where it's not bad?' christopher lloyd said the same things in an upbeat fashion. Genius. And yes, i watch too much tv. Do they have a placard for that?

October 3, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

It's all in how you say it.. Tipsy blogging.. I know you'd get it, b, but for everyone else.. LOOK.. You been shorthanded..

October 3, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

lol lee cant tell if i was just chastised by you or did you agree with me? and if not are you saying their are not conspiracys in the F.B.I & C.I.A?? Im not quite sure i buy into the "we killed Bin Ladin and then just tossed into the ocean either!

October 3, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

@chrissy: Oh, we're on the same page.. you just said something like the caught an r/c enthusiast. He might not have been..lol.. and even if it was, who hasn't fantasized about blowing up the IRS with an r/c plane? Glad there's not an 'informant' to make my fantasy come true..

October 3, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

BWT.
    We've all done it...admit it...lol!

October 3, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

lmao @ leeintulsa u just never know dear one may be lurking around the corner lmao

October 4, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  15. saywhat

A sting operation, an induced plot, a lot of bruhaha. So what's new?

October 4, 2011 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |