Overheard on CNN.com: No, LZ, Palin really is a fool
Sarah Palin greets supporters after a speech last month at a Tea Party of America event in Indianola, Iowa.
October 6th, 2011

Overheard on CNN.com: No, LZ, Palin really is a fool

Comment of the Day:

"I never once thought of it this way. Sarah Palin truly is a political/financial/social genius. I always thought she was an idiot. But she has nearly infinite fame in this nation, and she has hardly accomplished a thing since she resigned from governor. My hat is off to her." - KGColorado

Sarah Palin proves she's no fool

Palin will not seek presidential nomination

Sarah Palin is charismatic, beautiful and a leader, writes CNN.com columnist LZ Granderson. By deciding not to join the race for the GOP nomination, she can "continue to influence national politics" without having to make a decision or offer solutions. And that, he says, makes her smart. Some CNN.com readers were intrigued by the idea, but most disagreed.

Pseudo said, "No, she's still a fool. But even a broken clock is right twice a day." billybob22 said, "We love you Sarah. ... on Mars."

4sanity said, " 'Palin represented a brand of conservative politics that was Twitterable and ... instrumental in the rise of the tea party.' Emphasis on the Twit part."

dmnewberg said, "I disagree with you, Mr. Granderson, about Sarah Palin's popularity. While wildly popular among T-Party members, polls have shown she has low approval ratings among even Republicans."

Many replied to Jray01, who asked, "If the left had to think of one thing they hate most about Palin what would it be? What makes her so unlikable?"

NoFoolJule said, "Jray, she is a complete idiot. Which of her policies do you like, or are you just into soundbites?"

glynnmack said, "Her 'Christianity' isolates anyone who doesn't share her very specific beliefs. She lacks depth and speaks only in talking points. That this lack of substance can appeal to people is what many dislike about her. The dislike is both for her and the people who idolize her."

AGoodwin said, "When so many were making racial remarks about Obama at some of her events, she never once confronted them to tell them that it is wrong. She would bring her Evangelical pro-life movement to the White House. I also think that she is very divisive in her own party."

BigLebowskii said, "I LOL at Palin, in the heartiest manner possible. Her profound ignorance of all logic and reason is embarrassingly hilarious. I thank Palin for all the laughs! Her running for President was either one of two things, she was either trolling us or suffering from severe dementia. Either way this will make a great premise for a comedy movie titled 'President Palin'."

Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself

Big Banks and Wall Street are not the problems: "If you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself," GOP candidate Herman Cain said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal. CNN.com readers were almost universally appalled.

Trenee' said, "Our CEO was making $26,000 a week; that was my annual salary. They laid me off to save money. Cain should go back to pizza."

rs said, "Wow! So, the Republicans crash the economy, lose millions of jobs, do nothing to create jobs or help the middle class. Then Cain says it's our fault if we don't have a job or we aren't rich. Unbelieveable! They are so out of touch! The GOP/Tea party economic terrorists gunning for you!"

Orchid333 said, "So when my 64-year-old mother was laid off from a company that she'd worked at for 8 years, that's somehow HER fault? Saying countless small businesses (and my friends) went under and had shut their doors because of their own misgivings is absolute absurdity! They couldn't get bank loans, they couldn't get new business, they couldn't go on with no income thanks to the '08 economic failure, and for Cain to somehow blame them is by far the most idiotic thing I've heard yet."

But there were a few who agreed with him.

Randy said, "Amen to Cain. As long as there are 'Help Wanted' signs out, or classifieds in the paper, it shows there are lazy people out there. I agree with many of you that the initial lay off may not be an individual's fault, but being out of work for 2 years is just a plain failure on your part. You really do need to look in the mirror."

Doug said, "When you have 100K in student loans and a liberal arts degree, then you should blame yourself."

But Robita replied, "Can you tell me what engineers like myself should have done to prevent our jobs being sent overseas? Because when I became an engineer in the 90's it was a solid career move. Doug, you are an idiot who I hope gets to experience some hard times soon, because I'll tell ya brother, unless you are a millionaire, you are not bulletproof in this day and age."

Greg said, "Herman Cain is a cool dude. A true breath of fresh air and a guy that actually has ANSWERS to America's problems." Jilli replied, "So FU is an answer to America's unemployment issues? Wow. I want MY country back."

Kari said, "It's nearly impossible to differentiate between GOP candidates and 'Saturday Night Live' characters."

Do your views align with these commenters' thoughts? Post a comment below or sound off on video.

1. banasy©

@the prophet:

...or get a piece?
    Sorry.
    Couldn't resist.
    Seems to be the theme of this thread....

October 6, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. the Prophet

ok sorry Mr. benasy i did not know one can pose as as someone else on posts....that sucks....i agree she is... indeed a cherry blossom for my taste buds

October 6, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. the Prophet

Mr. benasy you work in the law enforcement area? i feel you do!!

October 6, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. the Prophet

i am wandering on our next election if a plan to still the election can be achieved maybe these students protesting on wall street, we have seen this era during the Vietnam war and post war

October 6, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@the Prophet:
    The one trolling me is a male.
    I'm a MRS. banasy©.
    He goes by George Patton mostly.
    Usually, just look for © next to my name, although other trolls can do this, too.
    It's common on this board for other people to steal names; it's really, really stupid, too!

And no, I'm not in law-enforcement, although that's a noble profession!
    Why do you think that?
    Actually, I'm rather flattered.
    Thank you.

October 6, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. the Prophet

you strike me as a humble and fair man

October 6, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

@the prophet:
    I'm a woman.
    But thank you for your kind words!

October 6, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. fernace

Barry in drag dressing as Palin for Halloween? LOL! I would actually love to see that! Michelle can go as Cain! Funny! Cain & Palin are a "snapshot" look at what is wrong with the GOP-TP, these days! As some1 said, neither have substance & only talk in soundbites! Talk about the shallow end of the pool! Btw, according to many Wall St. Bankers & CEOs it's also our fault for not getting the economy back on track, because we're not Shopping & Spending our $$$ enough! I'd love to do some shopping & have plenty of "hot air" to pay with! Saks 5th Avenue, here I come !? 😉

October 6, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Brian

Yes son, she really is a fool.

A good looking women in general has to do nothing more than show her breasts before men take interest. 1+1 = 3 may come out of her mouth but as long as she displays her assets men will ignore the incoherent ramblings coming out of her mouth. Palin may not have bared her knockers in public, but the only reason she has any popularity in this country is because of her looks. She hasn't made an intelligent statement in years, if ever. The fact that some people considered her a candidate for president shows what horrible shape our country is in.

October 6, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. s kel

I cant stand the ignorant women,greatly dislike her, do not in any form politically agree with her. But palin being a fool???? Hell no, shes smart enough to let fox news pay her all that money.

October 6, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Shanghailillly

I would love to be making a living,,,,talking with out having to answer to no one....clearly she does not belong in public service. Psychologica problem, there is a lock of integrity in her voice, sounds disingenuous..

October 6, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Shanghailillly

She ,de be ok as a fake female wrestler

October 6, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. George Patton

I'm disappointed that Sarah Palin is not going to run. She'd be just as good as Barack Obama at keeping the status quo and she's quite a bit prettier too. At any rate, she couldn't possibly do any worse than this bloodthirsty butcher Obama who has killed more people than the Chicago mob!!!.

October 6, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lyndsie Graham

Thank you George, how right you are about this murderer Barack Obama! Does anyone here remember what happened last Friday???

October 7, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. fernace

C'mon y'all, it does not take smarts to become a media wh.or.e! Just look at Snookie & her crew! Are they smart, not really, just smart enough to take the $$ & do what is expected! That's what Palin is doing & why she's not running for prez! She can make much more $$ doing her reality show than running the country! Thank God for small favors!!

October 7, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  15. s kel

Patton whats wrong with you? Mad your lord and master george dubba and that war crime profiter you had as a vice pres.sick shameny did not go after or get osama bin laden??? You must be part of the American taliban.............. The tea party.

October 7, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |