Overheard on CNN.com: No, LZ, Palin really is a fool
Sarah Palin greets supporters after a speech last month at a Tea Party of America event in Indianola, Iowa.
October 6th, 2011

Overheard on CNN.com: No, LZ, Palin really is a fool

Comment of the Day:

"I never once thought of it this way. Sarah Palin truly is a political/financial/social genius. I always thought she was an idiot. But she has nearly infinite fame in this nation, and she has hardly accomplished a thing since she resigned from governor. My hat is off to her." - KGColorado

Sarah Palin proves she's no fool

Palin will not seek presidential nomination

Sarah Palin is charismatic, beautiful and a leader, writes CNN.com columnist LZ Granderson. By deciding not to join the race for the GOP nomination, she can "continue to influence national politics" without having to make a decision or offer solutions. And that, he says, makes her smart. Some CNN.com readers were intrigued by the idea, but most disagreed.

Pseudo said, "No, she's still a fool. But even a broken clock is right twice a day." billybob22 said, "We love you Sarah. ... on Mars."

4sanity said, " 'Palin represented a brand of conservative politics that was Twitterable and ... instrumental in the rise of the tea party.' Emphasis on the Twit part."

dmnewberg said, "I disagree with you, Mr. Granderson, about Sarah Palin's popularity. While wildly popular among T-Party members, polls have shown she has low approval ratings among even Republicans."

Many replied to Jray01, who asked, "If the left had to think of one thing they hate most about Palin what would it be? What makes her so unlikable?"

NoFoolJule said, "Jray, she is a complete idiot. Which of her policies do you like, or are you just into soundbites?"

glynnmack said, "Her 'Christianity' isolates anyone who doesn't share her very specific beliefs. She lacks depth and speaks only in talking points. That this lack of substance can appeal to people is what many dislike about her. The dislike is both for her and the people who idolize her."

AGoodwin said, "When so many were making racial remarks about Obama at some of her events, she never once confronted them to tell them that it is wrong. She would bring her Evangelical pro-life movement to the White House. I also think that she is very divisive in her own party."

BigLebowskii said, "I LOL at Palin, in the heartiest manner possible. Her profound ignorance of all logic and reason is embarrassingly hilarious. I thank Palin for all the laughs! Her running for President was either one of two things, she was either trolling us or suffering from severe dementia. Either way this will make a great premise for a comedy movie titled 'President Palin'."

Cain: Not rich? No job? Blame yourself

Big Banks and Wall Street are not the problems: "If you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself," GOP candidate Herman Cain said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal. CNN.com readers were almost universally appalled.

Trenee' said, "Our CEO was making $26,000 a week; that was my annual salary. They laid me off to save money. Cain should go back to pizza."

rs said, "Wow! So, the Republicans crash the economy, lose millions of jobs, do nothing to create jobs or help the middle class. Then Cain says it's our fault if we don't have a job or we aren't rich. Unbelieveable! They are so out of touch! The GOP/Tea party economic terrorists gunning for you!"

Orchid333 said, "So when my 64-year-old mother was laid off from a company that she'd worked at for 8 years, that's somehow HER fault? Saying countless small businesses (and my friends) went under and had shut their doors because of their own misgivings is absolute absurdity! They couldn't get bank loans, they couldn't get new business, they couldn't go on with no income thanks to the '08 economic failure, and for Cain to somehow blame them is by far the most idiotic thing I've heard yet."

But there were a few who agreed with him.

Randy said, "Amen to Cain. As long as there are 'Help Wanted' signs out, or classifieds in the paper, it shows there are lazy people out there. I agree with many of you that the initial lay off may not be an individual's fault, but being out of work for 2 years is just a plain failure on your part. You really do need to look in the mirror."

Doug said, "When you have 100K in student loans and a liberal arts degree, then you should blame yourself."

But Robita replied, "Can you tell me what engineers like myself should have done to prevent our jobs being sent overseas? Because when I became an engineer in the 90's it was a solid career move. Doug, you are an idiot who I hope gets to experience some hard times soon, because I'll tell ya brother, unless you are a millionaire, you are not bulletproof in this day and age."

Greg said, "Herman Cain is a cool dude. A true breath of fresh air and a guy that actually has ANSWERS to America's problems." Jilli replied, "So FU is an answer to America's unemployment issues? Wow. I want MY country back."

Kari said, "It's nearly impossible to differentiate between GOP candidates and 'Saturday Night Live' characters."

Do your views align with these commenters' thoughts? Post a comment below or sound off on video.

1. s kel

you are also a punk. Using a good women like Bansays name to hide under.

October 7, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. s kel

Herman Cain ..........what can I say about him but slavely still exists in America. And the tea party owns him.

October 7, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  3. s kel

bloodthristy butcher??? Hey ignoramass pat. You mean the tea party klan?

October 7, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. luzriedel

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie also bowed out earlier this week. http://bit.ly/p62ZVO

October 7, 2011 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. Andrew Grimes

It is good to see the Peace Prize back on track honouring 3 remarkable people who have worked non-violent for women's rights. Hopefully this will help overcome the tarnishing the prize suffered when it was given to someone who at the time was engaged as Commander in Chief of an army fighting two wars.

October 7, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. nathan

i have found oil in my back yard! i am pulling it up by the buckets! we so far have 78 gallons of oil right now!

October 7, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. nathan

we are going to sell it at a later date, i can't beleive it!

October 7, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. JJWW

If you support someone whose religion involves kissing snakes and speaking in tongues, that's your problem. But keep your problems out of other peoples' business.

October 8, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  9. fernace

Yay nathan, 78 whole gallons! You're a pennyaire! You should figure out how to make it into gasoline, then you can dump the pump & gas up in your own backyard!!

October 8, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Memada

Sarah Palin is no one's fool. She is a woman who believes in her convictions and isn't afraid of the ignorant news media. The fools are all you sheep who voted for Obama! He had no experience and we are seeing the results of that inexperience. I also think that Herman Cain will make a great President. 50% of Americans pay no taxes – they lay around and live off the rest of us. I am a middle class – sinking fast – American who still believes that fiscal conservatism is the answer. Punishing the job makers by taxing them higher will not create jobs.

October 12, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • MikeB

"50% of Americans pay no taxes." That's a lie. Everyone who works in the U.S. pays payroll taxes. The rich get a big break because they only pay payroll taxes on the first 106,900 of income.

October 14, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randomdude21

I like how you call out Obama for not having much political experience then support Cain who has no experience in any elected office on any level

October 17, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • DewyB

We're not seeing the results of Obama's inexperience as much as we are seeing the results of an ignorant right wing voting block putting the Tea Party in congress and doing nothing for the economy.

$arah doesn't scare anyone, that idiots might vote an idiot into the Highest office of the land is scary, but not Palin.

October 17, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terry

I lost my job because one day on my way TO work I suffered a brain aneurysm. Which resulted in me having a stroke. Although I continued to work for 2.5 yrs, my disability was my ultimate demised. Over the course of three years, I lost a full time job, a part time job, and a volunteer job. After Herman Cain's remarks, I challenged myself to figure how any of that was my fault. Then I heard him say that he admired Clarence Thomas. A man who used affirmative action to help him achieve his goals. But fought against it after it helped him. I think those two were separated at birth. They make me think about the slaves that would willingly turn in other slaves seeking freedom. Just to gain favor with the master. How can one man make a broad statement abut people without fact checking? He sound more ignorant than Michelle Bachman. In 2008 I voted for Obama not only for his views but also because he was black. I admit that. I'm not sure if I'll vote for him again. But I find no reason why I would EVER vote for Cain. I lived in Texas and know that Perry is an idiot. I feel Romney is fake and will say whatever he thinks the populist want to hear. Next can keep trying to change his spots, but he's still a Newt. I like Santorim and Paul. Except sometimes Paul sounds like that drunk uncle at a picnic. Especially when his solution is to impeach. So far Rick S leads in my poll of one.

October 21, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  11. RMATTEN

The Republican Presidential candidates really outdo SNL. The hilarious absurdities that they come up with go beyond anything SNL could come up with on their own.

October 12, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. angryjarhead

The funniest thing about Palin is that while she is clearly uneducated, uninformed and lacking even the slights desire to learn more, she and her huge group of followers think she is smart? In other words being dumb is good? That is the most baffling aspect of her popularity.

October 15, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cesar The Chorizo Champ Of Chihuahua

Palin does coke and NBA players

October 18, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Dee

Sarah who?

October 20, 2011 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. steven

Palin's time is almost up. Her popularity is drying up and the more people and the media discuss Palin the more everyone asks why did anyone ever bother with this MORON ?

October 21, 2011 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |