October 6th, 2011

Purported Gadhafi message: 'Be brave' and demonstrate against new leaders

An audio message purportedly from deposed leader Moammar Gadhafi calls on Libyan people to demonstrate against the nation's new leaders.

"I tell them not to be scared from anyone," said the message, aired Thursday on Syrian-based Al-Rai television. "You are protesting peacefully in front of the world. Be brave and go out in the streets."

The message questions the legitimacy of Libya's National Transitional Council.

"Where did it get this official representation from? Did the Libyans elect it?" the speaker asks.

Post by:
Filed under: Libya
  1. George Patton

Maybe Moamar Ghadaffi can pull it off. I have absolutely no sympathy for this illegal regime installed by Obama and his henchmen anyway but I'm afraid that these thugs that they installed will be around for a while and I find that nauseating!

October 6, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • s

God you must be a repub, blame the President again you MORON

October 7, 2011 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |
  2. Crest Line Dragon

Screw Kaddafi. I m buying TNA cuz I ll be cashing it when i m High, I mean when it the stock goes high

October 6, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Crest Line Dragon

Whatever, I m buying TNA and I m selling it when I m hight, I mean when it goes high

October 6, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. justathought

@RUFFNUT I read that Palin wasn't going to run (I think that is what she is diong) I think that is a very wise choice. She knows she couldn't win, so why go through all that hell. It would be wise if some of the running canidates would do the same thing. I'm not excited about any of the canidates–either side–but they ought to wise up and get behind only two or three and get it over with.

October 6, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jabli Izvesti

Given the tribal scenario in the country and the weak interim government,it is not wise to write off Gaddafi altogether.NATO,by the way,is now protecting the Western oil companies in Libya.

October 6, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

@me:

I couldn't have said it better myself.
    Gadhafi's hypocrisy has never been more apparent.

Ah. Poor Riffie and Jif have neen trolled by the GP troll again...spreading his brand of "love" around....

October 6, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jejeuganda

Hey, we appreciate the role you played in Africa and you second to none in respect to love for continent and haig a heart of helping African countries to develop their infrastructures, Great job done! However, you missed one step: promoting democracy in Africa. If you had built African democracy starting from home, you would be a world class advisor NOT a fugitive. So sad but let other African leaders learn from your experience.

October 6, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joseph McCarthy

If you're talking to us Americans jejeuganda, you're quite wrong here. Anyone with half a brain already knows that for all intents and purposes, democracry in the United States has become a thing of the past. Today the U.S. government is controlled by the MIC(military-industrial-complex) which now owns both the White House and Congress. Democracy, like charity, begins at home!!!!!

October 6, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jejeuganda

Joseph you are right. The democracy I meant here is the free transfer of power just the US and many others are doing. He would have stepped down immediately when he realised that the people were tired of him or promised to organize an election where he would be out of the race. He always thought that his iron hand would save him but it has failed. Nelson Mandella is always revered as a man who showed no selfish interests as a president.............

October 6, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Pufris

If the sociopath allowed peaceful demonstrations, as he is asking the public to do now, he probably would still be in power. However, the evil murderer couldn't tolerate anything that would touch his godlike status.

October 6, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. leeintulsa

Is anyone listening to him anymore..?

October 6, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bentley76

Really? Is he serious???

October 7, 2011 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  12. al weis

what about Ghandi.......

October 7, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  13. sjdsh

10/06/2011 Gadhafi's Speech Viva Green Libya! "Bani Walid, Sirte, Warshfana and Nawhi, those four tribes are very well armed and they will never be defeated;those honorable people can't be enslaved.All the people in Libya, all true Libyans will never surrender to the invaders and the colonizers. We will fight for our freedom and we are willing to sacrifice more.The traitors and colonizers and NATO will be destroyed soon.They already no longer trust each other and they don't trust their leaders; the traitors are unable to continue because they are divided and their basis is weak.The NTC has no legitimacy because it hasn't been nominated or appointed by the people.How did it get its legitimacy? Did the Libyan people elect them?No. Did the Libyan people appoint them?No.If only the power of (NATO) fleets give legitimacy,then let the rulers in the Third World Be Ready for a (NATO) invasion too.To those who recognize the National Transitional Council: Be Ready for the creation of transitional councils imposed by the power of (NATO) fleets to replace you One by One from now on.I call on all Libyan people to go out and march in their millions in every square,in every city,in every village.Go Peacefully and go with Pride.Be courageous,rise up,go forth! Forward! Go to the streets and raise Our Green Flag to the skies. Even if there comes a time when you don't hear my voice anymore,don't stop fighting. Don't panic.Do not give up.Keep fighting for your freedom till victory arrives!" Gadhafi

October 7, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |