October 9th, 2011

Rains a welcome relief in drought-stricken Texas

Much-needed rain fell across drought-stricken Texas on Sunday, offering relief but no end to what's been one of the state's driest years on record.

Some areas received more rain in a day than what had fallen all summer.

Waco, Texas, where temperatures hit at least 100 degrees Fahrenheit 78 days this year, received 5.83 inches of rain, according to the National Weather Service. Dallas got 1.37 inches of rain, while San Antonio received 3.06 inches - a record for the date.

The weather service forecast rainfall amounts over the central and southern Plains of 1-3 inches per hour, with totals of more than 10 inches possible in some places by Monday morning.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Texas • Weather
  1. Mmmmm

new age collective consciousness of nothingness...no thanks...hanging out with legions is not good for the mind body or soul...

October 10, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. raven

I love peanuts! You can do so many things with them! Peanut butter, peanut brittle, put em on a sundae, beer nuts, honey roasted, its all in how you interpret peanuts that matters. some call them goobers. I think thats disrespectful.

October 10, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

A' chacun son gout!

October 10, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ raven:
    The French was for Mmmmm, not for you.

October 10, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

looka here joey isotta fraschini, my mom was a jiffy mom and I know peanuts when I see 'em...and baaaaaabey! you're peanuts...now raven do tell us the wonders of buggarsnot because jif isa buggarsnot...

October 10, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

My Preferences:
    1. Peanut butter (Skippy, creamy. I don't like the gourmet peanut butter.)
    2. Boiled peanuts!

October 10, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

No wonder po' thing you had skippy mom....I take it all back. Those boiled peanuts will help keepya grounded though they are the workin' man source of protein when the price of steaks get too high...

October 10, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. Anomic Office Drone

So when does Perry start taking credit for rain?

October 10, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

*Sigh*

Boiled peanuts!
    I love those!!!
    My fave!

How lovely that people are studying the good book, whether that book is a "Little Golden Book" or something slightly older.

I'm glad it's raining in TX.

October 10, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. @Mmmmm

Are there more than one of you? Because, judging from this thread, there seems to be....or are you this nasty and jugemental with everyone??! Christian, my left foot! You must worship at the Church of Stupidity, which has a congregation of one....witty, you are not!!!

October 10, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

I'm witty enough to catch your attention...but what can I say: honey is all good until it catches a fly...lucky for you swatters are a thing of the past...

October 10, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Melinha

Super blog. I enjoyed the site and when I have thmtiee, shall visit the site again. Finding blogs thisgood on the internet.It may look like it was hard work, but my blog was simple.

April 22, 2012 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |