October 10th, 2011

Police: Second 18-year-old arrested in mosque attack in Israel

A second 18-year-old was set Monday to make his first court appearance in connection with the torching of a mosque in the northern Israeli village of Tuba Zangaria, authorities said.

The suspect, who was not identified, is the second to be arrested in connection with last week's attack, Micky Rosenfeld, a police spokesman, told CNN.

The mosque was set on fire and scrawled with graffiti that indicated it was a revenge attack over the killing of Asher Palmer and his 1-year-old son, who were killed when rocks were thrown at their car in Hebron more than two weeks ago.

Words written on the mosque's walls said "price tag," "revenge" and "Palmer."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Israel
  1. banasy©

Isn't a bit early to be hitting the B&B?

Check out "Ravings of a Drunken Lunatic".

Oh, you don't have to.
    He's here.

October 10, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ banasy and Philip:
    Why did I just hear a soprano's rendition of "Send In the Clowns" in my mind?

October 10, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Flower

@Joey Isotta-Fraschini:

Judy Collins.
    Why would you say that about banasy and Philip? Something I'm missing, besides Philip talking about thoings nobody but him seems to understand?

October 10, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mad Ole Lady

@World Police. That wasn't me at 2:25. That was a troll. My last post was on another blog at 2:19. I just came back on and saw the trolls response. I wouldn't say something like that to someone who was traumatized the way you said you were. That just isn't something I personally would say. My older brother was also abused by a priest when he was an altar boy. Sorry that happened to you.

October 10, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. BRB

I here the Israelis are developing an airport security device that eliminates the privacy concerns that come with full-body scanners. It's an armored booth you step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on your person. Israel sees this as a win-win situation for everyone, with none of this crap about racial profiling. It will also eliminate the costs of long and expensive trials. You're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter, an announcement: "Attention to all standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight 670 to London . Shalom!"

October 10, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

I would just like to go on record that priests who do that aberrant behavior to young children are an abomination and should have their 'nads torn off.
    I believe that any child mol est er should be dealt with in the most severe manner, whether a priest, an uncle, a brother, or a father.
    Targeting children is abhorant to me, and I am sorry for anyone who has had to experience that.

My heart goes out to each and every one.

October 10, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

@BRB:

*Facepalm*™

October 10, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

Give it up banasy. Even Joey knows you aren't smart enough to tell if sommeone is drunk or not from their texts. Now, if their texts resembled a drunk waddling down the sidewalk, Thin yer marght saey He wuz drunKed. And only an idiot tries to reason with a person under the influence. That makes ME the idiot in our ordeal. (you agreed with me on my tom turkey story my ass. You implied that I was the wild animal you little sneaky *explicative*. How in the heck are you any help to a real librarian?

October 11, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

...and 53 IS old. Very old for a human. Notice the effect gravity has on humans vs. other mammals that live many decades. It's hard to tell how old that elephant is, but after the age of 28 or so, everything starts to sag on most people. As banasy is very well aware. My point? Scientist can tell you why that elephant gre old and died. It wore-out. But human mammals are unique. Every seven years, our cells get replaced with new ones. There is no reason known to science why it is that human's grow-old and die, or why gravity is so hard on us, but not the other mammals. So doctors who are just as befuddled by this tell you a snappy little catch-phrase...you "died of natural causes". But if all you died from is old age, they don't know what those "natural causes" are, nor do they provide you with citations showing why they don't know. Sag-on, big Mamma.

October 11, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

No, not the diff. between a baby elephant and an old matriarch. The difference between an 30 yr. old woman and an old matriarch banasy. he he. Drunk? Pick a topic banasy. Surely you can out-think a drunk. What'll it be? Shall we debate 'abortion' again and see if I win...again?

October 11, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  11. Wait! Wait!

Just post an original thought, banasy. (this oughtta be good) Surely you have no excuses for never posting one.

October 11, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |