October 14th, 2011

Police to release more information on California salon shooting

Authorities are expected to offer more details Friday about a deadly shooting at a Southern California hair salon that left eight people dead.

Many questions remain unanswered in the Wednesday incident at Salon Meritage in Seal Beach, with CNN affiliates reporting that a custody battle may have been the motive.

"We are a close-knit community and have never experienced a devastating incident such as this," said Seal Beach Mayor Pro Tem Gary Miller on Thursday.

The city held a candelight vigil Thursday night to remember the victims.

"It has literally touched every person in our town," City Manager Jill Ingram said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Justice • U.S.
  1. Very Sad

This is a sad reminder that no where is safe from lunatic people with vengence in their heart.
    This just makes me sick to my stomach knowing that there's alot more nuts like this running around just waiting for some event to flip their killing switch.
    I hope that I'm not at the place of business the next shootem up lunatic vists...

October 14, 2011 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
  2. yada

Very sad. Horrible.

October 14, 2011 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. yada

My heart goes out to the victims families and friends.

October 14, 2011 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

My condolences to the families of all who have died from this horrendous act.
    This is just so, so sad.

The information I read is that the shooter and his wife were involved in a prolonged custody battle.
    The wife was a stylist at the salon.
    She had just taken out a protective order on him Tuesday, I believe.
    If this is true, he targeted a whole lot of people besides his ex-wife.

October 14, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  5. Mad Granny

What a horror story. Condolences to all family and friends. So sad.

October 14, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Galactic Cannibal

Very Very sorry for these poor people murdered by a killer using a automatic hand gun. If this killer had a sword , a knife, a shovel, a bow and arrow. it would be very hard for him to slaughter 8 people in less than 1 to 2 minutes.. That's why a gun is the murder weapon of preference, as it can be operated to kill instantly and multiple victims. I support the Second Amendment ,but the Second Amendment comes at a high cost in spilled blood of innocent people.. And since 9/11 over 135,000 people have been murdered in the US at a rate of 13,500 every year with the gun used as the weapon of choice. So what to do about stopping this carnage , ban guns or what !!

October 14, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |