October 15th, 2011

Police: Cashier beats unruly customers with metal object during argument

A cashier at a New York fast food restaurant has been charged with felony assault for beating two unruly customers with a metal object during an argument.

The women remain hospitalized in serious condition, police said.

The incident occurred at a McDonald's on West 3rd Street about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The two 24-year-old women entered the store, placed their order and then began arguing with the cashier, 31-year-old Rayon McIntosh, police said.

CNN affiliate WCBS said the altercation began when the cashier questioned a $50 bill the women gave him. They responded by hurling obscenities at him.

A cell phone video shows how the situation quickly escalated.

One of the women curses at the cashier, then reaches over and slaps his face.

The woman then climbs over the counter, sending the cashier running toward the kitchen area. The other woman walks around to join her friend.

The cashier then suddenly reappears with what police described as a metal object and repeatedly hits the women.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Justice • U.S.
  1. Tony

Have it yourrr waaay, have it your way at... OW! OW! AAAGGGHH!!
    I'm Loving It.
    The guy needs to keep his left arm straight and follow through a lot better otherwise he'll slice it into the water trap (aka deep fryer).

October 17, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ACamelSpider

A gazillion people agree this cashier is getting a bad rap. I emailed McDonald's corporate HQ to voice my displeasure with their treatment of him–trying to find contact info for the DA. Gonna be anything but McDonald's for me for a while. But, what I really want to know is...1) Where was the Manager-On-Duty, 2) Where was the private security officer, and 3) What was the policy for handling suspect $50 bills?

October 17, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. TOMMY GRAY

IIF THOSE TWO HEATHEN WOMEN HAD A PROBLEM THEY SHOULD HAVE ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER
    WHAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO PUT THIER HANDS ON SOMEONE ELSE I HOPE MCDONALDS HAS TO PAY FOR
    THIS GUYS DEFENSE. HOW DOES HE KNOW WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO WHEN THE CAME BEHIND THE COUNTER.

October 18, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Toomuch2soon

The bias in the reporting of this story is ridiculous. The cashier, who was convicted of manslaughter is being portrayed as the attacker when two violent woman attack him verbally then physically, and then proceed to chase him down. The only relevance of his previous conviction is that he spent 10 years in a correctional facility, in which he learned that his survival was greatly influenced by his ability to protect himself at all cost. Those women could have had a gun, knife, or they could have picked up a metal rod. He should have stopped defending himself when they were down on the ground. I know how that man feels. I was attacked by someone and defended myself with a bat, the only difference was I stopped swinging when my attacker was no longer attacking me and on the ground, but don't you know my attacker got up and stabbed me several times. CNN stop portraying those violent women as innocent victims, their ignorant actions created this entire situation.

October 19, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mad Gramma

WHY is there no up date on this story? Rayon was suppose to have a court date on Oct. 18th. Give him a medal & the managers job. Why can't any one do a follow up on a story.

October 20, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MARTY CONE

They should have been hit at least one more time each.

October 21, 2011 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. Janice

I viewed the video of the incident & its plan & simple. Both of the aggressive woman jumps the McDonald’s counter and the man is SLAPPED by one of them! WHAT’S COMING NEXT A GUN, A KNIFE …..? All of this just because their offended because he’s following McDonald's procedure inspecting a $50.00 bill. The man just snapped out when he continue hitting the women once they were down, but he had every right to defend himself just as all of us commenting would have.

October 24, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |