October 16th, 2011

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah to have back surgery again

Saudi Arabia's 87-year-old ruler, King Abdullah, arrived Sunday at a Riyadh hospital to undergo his third back surgery within a year, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

Surgeons were to tighten a binding connector around his third vertebra, the agency said.

Abdullah last had back surgery in December at New York's Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center for a herniated disc and a blood clot that were causing him back pain. He spent several weeks in Morocco undergoing physical therapy.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Saudi Arabia
  1. Andreas Moser

Death to the dictator!

October 16, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Portland Tony

Great thinking ....Probably the US's most powerful ally in the Arab world who in actuality is just a figurehead in a country run mostly by his family. But he is their King. Who would you like for their next King?

October 16, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mmmmm

I thought a old guy with a bad back is considered normal...you just get a cane and a wrap around walker...

October 16, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mmmmm

Paula Abdullah and the king must be related and suffer with the same bad back gene.

October 16, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

Good luck King Abdulla, with your surgery. We'll say a prayer for you, in hopes you will pull through this with flying colors. You make it through this, come on out to Ohio, and we'll have a couple of Miller Drafts, just you and I.

October 16, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

wow i wouldnt have back surgery especially at that age! and @ jeff franks lol that was really kind of you. hope your family is doing better today.

October 16, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Kareem Abdulla-Jabar

Hey! Leave my Paula alone!

October 16, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. RUFFNUTT ( ELF SLAYER & BUGBEAR KILLER )

WHAT DID ARNOLD swazenegger say to Saudi Arabia's 87-year-old ruler, King Abdullah????
    i'm back...

October 16, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

@Jeff Frank:

Ew. Miller draft?

@Ruffie:

Boo! *Facepalm*™

October 16, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Sam Adams. The only good American beer I've tasted.

October 16, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

lmao my mom tells me if you have enough tomatoe juice you can make any beer taste good! 🙂

October 17, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  11. s kel

So!

October 17, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  12. s kel

Lol crissy , my statment was not directed toward but toward this silly artical about the back surgery.

October 17, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  13. s kel

toward you.

October 17, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) " Right Wing Insanity"

On break to say hi. Got to make it quick though, got to get back to work for a couple hours yet. Thanks chrissy...family's doing OK today, but wife may be having issues with one of her kidneys. Keeping a close eye on her. And banasy...don't like Miller? I was born and raised in the beer capital, with 4 major breweries and an average of 17 bars per square mile. And yes there are many good beers out there. Yes..Sam Adams, Coors, Carling Black Label, Falstaff. I grew up with Miller, Schlitz, Blatz, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Budweiser. The best private owned brewery, small but has great quality in Wisconsin is a beer called Rhinelander Beer, named after a little town in the top west corner of the state. Gotta go now. Hugs...Jeff 😉

October 17, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

@Jeff:
    Oh, I love Rhinelander!!
    Awesome!
    I can't find it around here, anymore. When I was single, that was my "house beer" because it was like 4.99 a case. People didn't buy it much, b/c they had returnable bottles, but I didn't care!
    Thanks for the memories!
    I was just giving you a hard time. I drink High Life sometimes, and I drank Lite for years. I don't drink much anymore, but I prefer Coors Light.

My best to your family, Jeff Frank.
    Hugs back atcha.