The Israeli Supreme Court will hear cases Monday brought by family members of terror victims who are against the release of Palestinian prisoners in exchange for captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit.
A total of three petitions were submitted to the Supreme Court on Sunday. Earlier in the day, Israel released the names of the first group of prisoners to be freed.
"The goal of this petition is to stop the madness. We are very afraid that the terror will again rule the streets - that they will murder us again in restaurants, in cafes, at night in bed, at kindergartens and in schools," said Meir Schijveschuurder, whose parents and three siblings were killed in the 2001 bombing of a Sbarro pizza restaurant.
Two other families that lost loved ones in a 2003 bombing of a bus in Haifa filed civil lawsuits against the plotters of the attack.
"It may sound like I am a drowning man clutching at a straw, but this is the least that we can ... at this time," said Ron Kerman, whose daughter was killed.
Late last week, the terror victims' association Almagor petitioned the Supreme Court to suspend the release until the deal is thoroughly examined.
The list released by Israel features 477 names, including those of Ahlam Tamimi, serving life terms for being an accomplice in the Sbarro bombing, and Amneh Muna, who plotted the killing of a 16-year-old Israeli boy in 2001 and received a life sentence.FULL STORY