October 17th, 2011

Monday's live events

CNN.com Live is your home for gavel-to-gavel coverage of Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial.  The Murray trial is dark today.

Today's programming highlights...

9:25 am ET - Obama heads to North Carolina - President Obama departs Andrews Air Force Base to begin a two-day bus tour on jobs.

2:00 pm ET - Senate considers spending measure - Senate lawmakers will discuss and debate a measure that, if signed into law, would fund several Cabinet departments.

5:00 pm ET - Obama goes back to school - President Obama will discuss his jobs legislation and other issues when he speaks at a Millers Creek, North Carolina, high school.

8:00 pm ET - Herman Cain in Arizona - GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain addresses a Republican fundraising dinner in Arizona.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Barack Obama • Conrad Murray • Crime • Politics
  1. banasy©

@JIF:

Notre ami sons incertains.

@Mmmmm:

I am not a baby killer, but at least I'll know what you're handing out for Halloween.

Answer my question. I answered yours. How many children have you given birth to?

October 17, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

@Mmmmm:
    You don't talk, you insult.
    Do you understand *that*?

October 17, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

*about as much as I understood your foreign dialogue*...you peeeeeople are sooooo condescending to those who disagree with you and downright hateful sarcastic and blasphemous toward the sacred...
      so I must ask, banasy, what is it that you want from me? how can I make you trully happy today?

October 17, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

We always hand out money at Halloween, and small pieces of candy.
    In our neighborhood, parents accompany the children, and nobody gets tricked in any event.

October 17, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

How ironic for me that Mississippi would try this abortion stunt now.
    When a woman could not get an abortion in Mississippi but could in New York, I arranged for my younger sister's close friend, whom I never met, to fly to NYC and have an abortion.
    Several years later, the young woman sent me a long letter thanking me for making her happy, properly timed married life and good motherhood possible.
    It was one of the most moral things I ever did.

October 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Joey to procure an abortion is a grave serious matter. An immoral offense against God and Man. You brag about taking a life of another. You don't know what it is to be a REAL man neither do you honor the dignities of women or dignities of motherhood.

October 17, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@JIF:

Word.

October 17, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

ok now yall are just bein rude...later

October 17, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

@Mmmmmm:
    Look in the mirror.
    I said nothing hateful to you, as a matter of fact, I said nothing at all about abortion one way or another, but that didn't stop *you* from getting snarky, did it?
    As you always do.
    I see, it's fine for you do be as nasty as you can be, but when someone else disagrees with *you*, we're condescending and hateful?
    I don't think so.
    It cuts both ways.
    You may do whatever you want, as we shall.
    If you have a problem with getting what you sling slung back at you, oh, well.
    As for sarcastic? Really?
    You are saying *we're* sarcastic?
    Jeez, that takes the cake.
    You're one of the most sarcastic people on these boards.
    But it's okay if *you* do it, right?
    Of course.

Now, of course, you will throw out some little snarky one-liner.
    If you can't take it, don't throw it.

I'm happy already; I need nothing from you.

October 17, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Lol! not complaining...you said you were insulted...who are we're? Are you a legion or the spokeperson? I believed my comments were directed at Joey. Anyways I'm looking in the mirror...you love me? you really love me...hangin' on every word and syllable I say...yeah you crushin'....ms dirty martini...

October 17, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Whatta Joke

*learn to use google translate, thumper*

October 17, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Whatta Joke

Better than a bitter churchlady who can't take a dose of her own sh!t...yeah, we love you..love you to sthu...but its much better to just think that the unholy holy can spend an hour in chruch and call herself a christian...make no sense at all wannabe goodwoman, just pipe down Mmmmmm you're an idjit...mah goodness, I declare you stooooooopid!
    Go eat your young.

October 17, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Whatta Joke

@mmmmm:ever wonder why people do that...its because people are not on a pc and there phones don't support a format with a reply button...ma'am. Ha ha so they can't see who is talking to who....dummy

October 17, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mmmmm

Whatta joke no biblical quote...

October 17, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Whatta Joke

Uh huh an offense against god and man? yeah, okay...no biblical quote necessary...an offense against WOman might be a better argument...if you had one...

October 17, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mmmmm

Whatta joke no ability to poke

October 17, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Kiera

"Whatta joke no ability to poke"

What does that even MEAN? I have to say, I don't understand that, either, unless it's because it rhymes.

October 17, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jehsea

@ JIF & Banasy – Nous allons abbatage le langué Française, et je suis métèire Française comme née. Veuilléz ARRÊTER!!

October 18, 2011 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |