October 19th, 2011

Police: More alleged victims found in Philly captives case

A woman rescued from a boiler room in a Philadelphia apartment building says she had two children while she was held against her will, police said Tuesday, another development in the bizarre case.

The woman, Tamara Breeden, is one of four mentally disabled adults rescued from the boiler room over the weekend, and authorities have located 10 others who may be victims in the case, said Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey.

The four people, three men and a woman ranging in age from 29 to 41, were found locked in the room with no food and only a bucket for a toilet, police said. The pitch-black, 15-foot-by-6-foot space houses what police described as a boiler used to heat the building. A penetrating stench of urine and feces still hung in the chamber days after the discovery.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Pennsylvania
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

You can say anything you want to say on here about the news.

October 19, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

"Down by the Sally Gardens...
    "She bid me take life easy,
    "As the grass grows on the weirs..."

October 19, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Looking back through the entries, my assessment is that it went off the rails when that guy (Chad) went on his rant about butt puppies and pregnant dogs – which I still believe is a joke, because nobody actually thinks that way. So Edina, if you are looking to fire your verbal bazookas, point them in that direction. The rest of us are just having a nice conversation.

October 19, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

@Edina:
    I was talking to Edema, Miss Edina Chang.
    Mr. Joey Isotta-Frascini didn't say anything to you that was hurtful in any way, unless, of course, you are a hyper-sensitive person who see a slight in everything one says.
    You're not like that, are you.

October 19, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@JIF:

After careful consideration of the dilemma that you posted above, I have come to the following conclusion:

It is infinitely more dangerous to have a live baboon holding a bottle of Bayer aspirin than a dead monkey holding a bottle of ibuprofen.

The situation in Philly is still heinous, however.

October 19, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

A' Donna Banas:
    Bonsoir, Madame.
    I think that the most dangerous aspirin is always that prescribed by Dr. Theo Morel.
    I have taken only Bayer aspirin, or ersatz Bayer aspirin from a used Bayer bottle, since 1945, when we won the war.
    That is why I have a pure heart and don't deserve the attacks of infamous trolls posing as simplistic, neurotic women or their naif male admirers.
    I knew a woman in London who really was as simple-minded as La Edema would be if she existed.
    I knew Edema before she was created in the mountains recently.

October 19, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Chad and Edema were conjoined at creation.
    That was always obvious.

October 19, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

@JIF:
    Still think the baboon looks hinky to me.

And yes, they pretty much fail in the incognito department, don't they?

October 19, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  9. RUFFNUTT (kcmo resident and smoker of fine purple kush)

SO THE RETARD HAD some retards? or were the non-retarded?

October 19, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

lmao so banasy did you get a chance to ask joey his opinion yet on the dilemma of the reproductive organ being sucked up into the abdomen?? does that make that person a introvert? or is he now a she? just curious. and ruffie plz stop calling them retards!

October 19, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bimbo the Birthday Clown

I concur. I'm not typically sensitive, but it's a grating word.

October 19, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

@chrissy:
    No, I haven't. I've only been on sporadically all day. And now I'm off to bed. Way tired today!

October 19, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I couldn't sleep, so I checked in. If I stay too long, I'll miss my workout (deltoids only–avec de la confiture, aerobics, abs, calves) tomorrow.
    Miss Edema Chang was easy.
    The retracting reproductive member makes one not a Miss, but psychotic–probably an organic psychosis.
    I've had enough.
    So many different names to be pursued under.
    There are not enough excuses for being so mean.
    The Master Troll should stop now.
    We are all on to who it is.
    Play nice if you can.

October 19, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

oh joey youre still MY hero, in spite of the dueling duo of dummies lmao and yea EVERYONE knows who they are. But guess it makes em feel better to think if they use dif names we wont! Ignorance is bliss they say. Good nite my hero! You are a total genius

October 19, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ed in chapel hill

Would it be appropriate to hold these suspects in a cellar, chained to a boiler, without light, food and water, until they were brought to trial? What could be a just punishment for these animals? What would stop them from doing it again as soon as they are released? She has already killed once...

October 20, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  15. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Thank you chrissy, but I was just mad.
    To me, anger is a wonderful source of energy.
    I try to "meter" it out instead of exploding, which causes me to make brutta figura.

October 20, 2011 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |