October 20th, 2011

4.6 earthquake strikes near San Antonio

A rare 4.6-magnitude earthquake struck 50 miles south-southeast of San Antonio, Texas, the U.S. Geological Survey reported Thursday. The earthquake was just over 2 miles deep.

The earthquake was felt in Wilson County, Atascosa County and Bexar County, making it the largest to hit the area since 1993, when a 4.3-magnitude quake shook the area, WOAI reported, citing the U.S. Geological Survey.

"I felt the earthquake this morning around 7:20. I was sitting on my love seat in my bedroom reading my Bible. I felt a swaying movement. My husband was in the shower. He felt nothing," Patricia Hardeman, of southeast San Antonio told WOAI. "I lived in California most of my life and knew it was an earthquake."

Employees were briefly evacuated from the a federal building in downtown San Antonio and allowed to return inside just before 9 a.m., the San Antonio Express-News reported, citing Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal Fernie Karl.

Post by:
Filed under: Earthquake • Texas
  1. Ernie

Opps, meant "I'm NOT"

October 20, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mmmmm

you guys are drinking too much of that diet soda called Tabs..

October 20, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ernie

Opps, I just re-read that
    NOT disguised as heads
    that's as far as I go with that ! comprendere

October 20, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mmmmm

You should revisit the good, holy bible moutain man. Adam wasn't listening to the whispers of Eve he was attentive to the hissings of the serpent...lol...you ironically suffer with the same sin of Adam...

October 20, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. gmaas

Um, you're not supposed to evacuate buildings during or immediately following earthquakes, are you? I thought there was more danger from falling debris off of buildings, etc, than from the possibility of the building falling down. Isn't that what they teach people in earthquake country?

October 21, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ernie

ahh, Mmmmmm, Eve brought it to Adams attention. Although it was (the Serpents) suggestion, Eve should have known better and yes...Adam as well, still both were at fault!
    Eve should have said "hold one moment" and gone to her Father and said "hey this serpent dude is talking all kinds of SMACK about you, what's up?
    Adam should have said to Eve, "women, ask yourself who is telling you these things" ?
    HELLO

btw... I've had to DOWN-SIZE my trash can, due to the bail-out of wall street!
    ERRRRR ! 😦

October 21, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Lol...eve gave the apple to Adam and he ate it. the good holy book DID NOT SAY she went to go give Adam the apple...Eve must have either the longest arms in history or Adam was presnt there in the mix listening, agreeing, to the conversation...he knew the better and did nothing...you know the kinda "do nothing" that guys do...

and goodforya...you need to be more poor in spirit (humility) so you can respect holy things...may your other garbage can get a couple ladents and loose a lid...

October 21, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. Ernie

I've heard of the "facepalm" is there something in opposition to that jesture ? 🙂

October 21, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

Oscar the Grouch lives in the trash-can.
    Ernie lives with Bert, his room-mate, on Sesame Street.
    Just thought you'd want to know.

October 21, 2011 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. Ernie

it's the darn booze, again
    thanks

October 21, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mmmmm

....that is what you get for blaspheming sesame street! So whoareu...intoxicated oscar the grouch or hangover ernie?

October 21, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ernie

@ Mmmmm
    Read
    I said she brought what the serpent said to Adams attention
    I didn't say she brought the apple to him

October 21, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

this is where we part...Adam stud dude was on the scene at ground zero...engaging silently...following the conversation...eve didn't say anything to Adam she talked to the serpent while Adam watched and listen...he was there...he never denied being at the scene of the crime...he was being duplicitous when he told God she gave me the apple to eat...Adam knew the apple came from the forbidden tree. He was not tricked.

October 21, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ernie

When God is brought up in a conversation, I will have my say.
    I was simply saying that I will not shut my mouth to please others
    Humility is something that should be first and foremost!
    I don't see where I had a lack there-of when posting earlier

October 21, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Ok...sorrry...thinking about the monutain dew guy....go head baaaaaabey letjah little light shine...!

October 21, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  13. Ernie

Ernie and Oscar are as one ! LOL just having a little fun, am I allowed ?

October 21, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  14. Ernie

I stand corrected, Thank very much for the info
    I retract that post then
    unfortunately I must go to sleep now
    Sorry, I should have read before speaking
    thanks again

October 21, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. Ernie

After delving further, I see there is much debate on weather Adam was there while Eve was speaking to the Serpent
    Yet I must go to bed, so Mmmmm, can we finish this tomorrow night please ?
    Nite 🙂