October 28th, 2011

Car bomb kills head of Yemeni counterterrorism unit

A car bomb exploded in Aden on Friday, killing the commander of a Yemeni counterterrorism unit and seriously injuring two children, according to a Yemeni government official who is not authorized to speak to the media.

Major Gen. Ali Al-Hajji commanded a battalion of Central Security Forces troops, which includes counterterrorism units, the official said.

The bomb was planted in Al-Hajji's car and exploded while the vehicle was traveling near the 22 May Soccer Stadium, according to the official.

Two children standing near the car when it exploded, ages 5 and 14, were seriously injured by the blast and were taken to a hospital, the official said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Yemen
  1. Scottish Mama

Proving you cannot catch everyone all of the time.

October 28, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Scottish Mama

Children being hurt because adults fighting makes me shake my head in disgust.

October 28, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Does this remind anyone of Scarface, when Tony Montana REFUSED to allow the car bomb to be set off because it would have killed the kids. So, these dirtbag terrorists are morally worse than Tony Montana.

October 28, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

But have a religion to back them, so some say?

October 28, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

I saw your rental, no I am not going to pay you, and thought of a name for you Mississipi NIghts, Ta da, Like it?

October 28, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Do you mean the "rent this space" feature? No, I'm currently in talks with a number of large corporations, pharmaceutical companies mostly. Bayer has the inside track.

October 28, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Ohhhhh, I thought you were looking for a new name,Muddy Miss, Southern lights, Gulf coast, Miss. Nights is a bar hear.

October 28, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

I agree, Scottish Mama.
    This is all done in the name of "religion", and that innocents are taken along with the terrorists is reprehensible.
    *Sigh*
    And the beat goes on...

October 28, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@Bimbo:
    Well, we *knew* that...

October 28, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

Bayer is also spreading HIV with their aspirin, although I haven' a clue as to how *that's* being done.
    Check in that, Bimbo, because if you're going on the fast-track with Nazi-Bayer, Ýou'd better know, lmao!

October 28, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Not wanting to reveal too much about my real life (based on some things I've seen recently, that might be a bad idea), but I've done contract work for them in the past. They're cool. I was mostly just poking a stick at THAT GUY.

October 28, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

I still like the Rent This Space idea, but the cost per post was prohibitive...

October 28, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Why rent when you can have it for free, kinda like the cow theory.

October 28, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

I've always liked 'Rebel Belle' myself.
    We had a contest one time for a new u/n for this girl, and I won with that.
    There was also a game with a play on words kind of thing, and a guy named Martin was one of the bloggers; he was from Indianapolis.
    I said, "Martin is very poor but nice; he's and Indygent."
    He took that as his u/n.

October 28, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary Johndro

Gee, banasy, how can you joke here about the killing of such a wonderful man like Ali al-Hajji? And here I am all ready to start bawling too over this!

October 28, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Gary Johndro

What a terrible thing this is! Gee whiz, now I think I'm going to cry for the rest of the day!!! This was a truly wonderful man in the extreme, so who would want to do a mean ol' thing like this to him? It's truly beyond me, it is, it is!!!!!!!!

October 28, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

I know, Bimbo, I know.
    It's *so* easy to do.
    And a wise decision not to reveal too much about yourself; honesty isn't its own reward when conspiracy buffs run amok.

October 28, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ernie Beatty

What has your silly posts here have to do with Ali Al Hajji? Since I'm an ignorant Tea Partier here, you'll have to enlighten me!

October 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Nothing. How's Bert doing? Been beating him pretty good, have you?

October 28, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

@Gary Johndro:
    Dry your tears, Gary, I wasn't talking about Ali Al Hajji.

@Ernie Beatty:
    No, I will not enlighten you, silly man.

October 28, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

@Bimbo: lol

October 28, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Andreas Moser

It's like a weatherman being killed by a tornado.

October 28, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Just because some worthless jerk over in Yemen gets what he soarly deserves, is that a good reason to post all these meaningless, off-the topic and unfunny comments here? The man got his comeupings, so let's put it to rest, shall we???

October 28, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Not me

October 28, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. George Patton

Shut up you jerk. Every comment you make is meaningless, asshat.

October 28, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

Sorry folks, I didn't post the above. As I'm no friggin' Tea Partier, I never that kind of lingo! Now to get on with the topic above, this creep Ali Al Hajji got what he deserved, howbeit not legally. My troll is right about one thing here in saying that most comments are meaningless as these Tea Partiers continue to exhibit their grandiose lack of intelligence by posting them!!!

October 28, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |